chapter two: memory loss

chapter two Cameron

She must have had at least 5 shots. Wait, scratch that... 6 shots and definitely a martini. From closer, her moves looked sloppier but still entrancing. Suddenly, her heels gave out from beneath her, and I reached out just in time to prevent her from faceplanting with the alcohol polluted floor.

"Well, hey there, beautiful," I cooed. She gazed up at me with icy, blue eyes, melting her body into my built arms.

"Oh, hi," she drunkenly mumbled. I helped her back to her feet. Up close, she was even more attractive. Her hair was messy, but a perfect kind of messy. I wanted to run my fingers through it to smooth down her visible knots.

"I need to... need to f-find Violet," she slurred with evident desperation in her eyes.

"Who?" I asked, grabbing onto her waist to secure her from stumbling again. She was having difficulty balancing.

Her eyes immediately locked onto the sight of my hand on her hip. Her face turned white. It looked like she was going to throw up.

"Where's Violet?" She nervously inquired, running a hand through her tangled hair as she did so.

"Let me take you outside. You're not looking too good," I lowered my head and said into her ear, making sure she could hear me. Obviously, I did not want her throwing up all over my Saint Laurent suit, but there was a part of me that didn't want her to be covered in her own puke either.

"I'm OK," she responded, pushing herself away from me. I realized that she probably thought that I was trying to take her outside so I could do something foul of some sort. That was not my intention whatsoever.

"I just think you need some fresh air," I spoke out, loud enough so she could hear me over the music.

She complied as she began to walk, well more like teeter. I placed a firm hand on her lower back and guided her, making sure that everyone knew that she was not drunk and alone. I was not going to let her be taken advantage of by a sex-craving, drunk man. Rather than trying to lure her into my bed, I was more focused on making sure that she was safe.

"Are you t-taking me to Violet?" She asked me once I opened the exit door and escorted her towards the grass. If she was going to throw up, the grass was better than the concrete.

"I don't know who Violet is," I told her, feeling sorry.

"I've been looking for you everywhere, oh my gosh!" A voice called out from afar. Keeping my hand placed on her back, I turned around to see who it was.

A girl in a skin-tight black dress began darting towards us, her blonde hair was flowing behind her. Next to her, approaching us at a much slower pace was none other than Liam. I guess he found that blonde that he was craving.

"Violet?" The girl spoke out quietly.

"Where the hell have you been?" The girl who I assumed was named Violet asked. She looked over at me and scowled. "You better not have tried anything, and if you did, I swear I'll cut that second head of yours in half," she threatened, pointing down at my crotch as she did so.

"The only thing I 'tried' to do was make sure that your friend here didn't throw up on herself," I bitterly disclosed. "A thank you would be nice." Truthfully though, I didn't need or long for a thank you. At least not from her.

"I should get her home," Violet stated, focusing her attention on her extremely drunk friend. She grabbed her friend's arm and draped it over her shoulder, preparing to escort her away.

"I'm twenty-one!" Violet's friend beamed. She flung her free arm up in the air. I let out a slight laugh.

I watched the two of them saunter away and out of view, my heart sinking when I realized I hadn't even asked the girl for her name. Fuck.