Chapter 3

[Clementine's POV]

These two seemed nice enough. The 'tall one', as I now know as Louis, seemed like an open book. Very lively and is probably friends with everyone he knows.

Violet, on the other hand was more quiet. The entire time we walked to my first class, she remained silent while Louis rambled on. Not that I had an issue with him talking, I liked his attitude and had a feeling we would get along.

Before I knew it, we were outside my classroom and coincidentally, me and Louis were in the same room. Violet on the other hand, had to go up another floor. She said goodbye to Louis and looked as if she was about to say farewell to me too but kept quiet. Instead, she waved and walked to the staircase and out of sight.

"Clem. Don't worry about Vi. She grows on you" Louis said, obviously noticing my curiosity and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I'll take your word for it. Should we go in?"

"Sure"

~Time skip to Lunch

Me and Louis made our way to the lunch hall for Seniors. There had to be one for freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors because of how large the school and it's capacity was. We walked over to a smaller table in the corner with 4 other people. Violet wasn't one of them.

I sat down and Louis did my introduction for me. After that they introduced themselves as Ruby, Aasim, Willy and Mitch. I was surprised to see the two trouble makers, as I'd been told, sat there. Although, to be fair, this group didn't look to be the most responsible just from the appearance.

"So Clem, I think we all would like to get to know you...perhaps with...a game? And don't worry about Vi, she tends to be at the back of the school smoking. We'll fill her in later...that IS if you want to play" He finished waving a stack of cards. I didn't know why we'd need the cards but I agreed to play anyway.

He handed out the cards to each of us evenly and began to explain the rules.

"So basically, we all flip a card at the same time and whoever has the highest card gets to ask you a question. Lowest card doesn't matter"

"And if I get the highest card?" This was getting more interesting.

"Then you get to ask any of us a question. On with the game!" He exclaimed.

We all flipped our cards simultaneously. Aasim had the highest card. I looked up at him, awaiting his question.

"So...uh...life at home? Sorry, I'm only good at answering questions"

"That's fine. I guess it's cool. I live with my adoptive parents, Lee and Carley and adoptive brother AJ"

"Older or Younger?"

"Younger"

He nodded and we all flipped our cards again. This time Louis had the highest card. Whatever he was going to ask is definatly unpredictable. I just had that feeling.

"So uh...ever uh...ever had a boyfriend?"

Nevermind

"Never"

"Not even once?"

"Never"

He kept quiet after that. There was a boy I knew back in Georgia who had a really obvious crush on me. He was pretty cool but I just didn't feel the same way. I do miss him sometimes though.

We were about to flip our cards again when Violet came rushing over practically throwing herself next to Louis. It almost seemed as though she was running from someone.

"Lou. Do you have any mints or gum??" She asked in a panic. He quickly pulled out a half empty pack of chewing gum and handed it to her. It was like he expected her to ask that.

"Dammit Vi. I swear to god if you get caught one of these days" Aasim said clearly annoyed. She glared at him.

"Shut up Aasim, it wasn't a teacher. Minnie came was coming around the corner. I knew she'd tell so I just ran and didn't look back"

Who was Minnie?

"Damn. She's everywhere you don't want her to be today isn't she? What'd you do with the cigarette?" Louis questioned joining in on the conversation.

"Threw it in the trash on the way. So, what're you guys up to?" She asked, eventually catching her breath.

"Playing war to get to know Clem"

"I'd play but lunch is almost over and we need to get to class" She told us pointing at the clock. None of us had even realised the time until now. We gathered up all our belongings and headed to our last class of the day. I had this class with Vi.

Louis said goodbye to the two of us before walking off. I was about to go into the classroom but Violet placed her hand on my shoulder and shook her head.

"Clem, getting here early doesn't mean that we have to go in early. It just means we don't have to worry about being late or getting caught in a crowd. Besides, I didn't get to know you because I wasn't at the table"

I turned to face her completely.

"Okay...is there anything you wanted to know?" I replied. She removed her hand from my shoulder and placed it into her pocket leaning against the brick wall.

"Just what the others told you"

I told her everything, not that it was much. The bell suddenly rang and we could hear the sound of students footsteps travelling up the stairs.

"Let's go in now" She said walking past me into the classroom. I followed close behind.

Word Count: 935