Chapter 9

[Violet's POV]

Was I really going to tell her? I guessed this would be the right time and it would explain what the dream - nightmare more like - was about. She could tell this was hard for me but promised to listen to every part of it.

"Okay...so I guess I should start from the beginning. My dad worked at an office job...but he got fired and replaced by someone else. This stressed him out and he drank alot. It was almost a daily thing and every time he came home drunk my mom and him would always get into a heated arguement. On several occasions he'd lose control."

"He'd been given loads of warnings by the police because of drunk driving too. I was on a school trip so I had to be picked up late. My mom's car had to be repaired so she was in the car with him. He had to pick her up from work just before me. I was listening to some music before I could hear my parents yelling at each other. They were so loud it was as if my music wasn't even playing. I had turned it off to listen to an arguement I'd heard about a million times. I used to hide in my room and put my hands over my ears but this time I couldn't."

"They continued argueing about the drinking and jobs and me until my Dad started unknowingly driving into the wrong lane. Both of them were too busy to notice and it wasn't until the last damn minute that I decided to tell them there was a truck about to hit us."

"They didn't make it out alive. I keep telling myself everyday that it's my fault. I wished that I had just died so I could be with them. There had been so many times when I thought I'd had enough and...sorry."

Violet pulled me in for another hug.

"Clem, you don't need to apologise for anything. It was a mistake. It's almost like a tower. It maybe broken forever but you can start building new ones...and you did. If you hadn't then I reckon you wouldn't been here right now. But you are here and I'm so glad I got to meet you."

I looked up to face Violet. God she was so beautiful. I knew I loved her at this point but I didn't want to say anything in case she didn't feel the same. Instead I just buried my face into her shoulder.

"Thank you." I said, sounding rather inaudible but loud enough.

"Hm...You know, I really care about you Clem. How about we go to this secret hideout that I found a few years back? Tomorrow. It's like...2 in the morning."

"Sounds like a plan. Now...I just wanna go to sleep."

"Sure."

Both of us drifted back into a deep sleep after that. I could feel her warmth as literally half of my body was laying on her. It was such an amazing feeling.

I could picture her staring at me with her goofy smile, surrounded by flowers. It was dark and I looked up into the starry sky. I could hear her teaching me about constellations.

For the first time in years, I had a real dream.

[This chapter was kinda messy but I'm not a clean person.]

Word Count: 568