Prologue

Skyla looked back at the farm as they got further away. She is going to miss them a lot. 

She waved at them until they were out of view.

"Hey," Elvin smiled. "Everything is going to be alright; you will see them again."

"I know," she sighed. "But it's difficult to leave my family behind knowing that something could happen to them."

"Nothing is going to happen," Elvin said. "Besides, a clan of lycans protects your family. Their more, safer than us; Kristy and I are the only lycans here and our driver. We are more at risk than your family. And you're pregnant, that's a greater risk."

Skyla sighed. "Right, sorry."

He chuckled. "It'll be a long journey to the city; we are going to make a few stops to rest. But I need you two to stay together and don't leave my sight."

"Understood," Skyla smiled.

She looked at Kristy than at Elvin. The tension between them is so; thick it was suffocating her. It made it hard to breathe in this small space and made it awkward.

"You know," she tried to break the silence. "This silence is driving me insane, and the tension between you two, it's toxic. Can you two try to get along?"

"We do get along," Elvin said.

"No, you don't," Skyla said. "You don't want to harm Kristy; it's why you're keeping your distance. I hope this trip helps you to mature a bit and move on with the tragedy. It was an accident. It happened to me."

"I know," Elvin said. "By our situation was different." He said. "I didn't know I was a lycan. And I injured her." He sighed. "I mean, I knew, but I wasn't sure."

"It's my fault," Kristy said. "I shouldn't have gone in knowing you could change at any moment. It would help if you stopped blaming yourself. How many times do I have to tell you?"

Elvin looked away. "Not enough."

"Okay," Skyla sighed. "Sorry that I mentioned it."

Skyla looked leaned back and rested her eyes for a moment. But she fell asleep and was woken up by Elvin. "We are here; at our first rest stop."

"Hmm," Skyla yawned and stretched, smacking Elvin. "Whoops, sorry."

"It's fine," he chuckled. "Nothing I can't handle. Now come on; I'm tired and hungry."

"Well, nice to meet you tired and hungry," Skyla smiled.

"Haha, very funny," he helped her down. Kristy was already out. They went into the inn and got a room with two beds. "You two can sleep on the bed, and I will sleep on the floor."

"You'll say no if I ask you to share the bed with me?" Kristy asked.

"Exactly," he said and led them to the room.

The other man that was with them got his room.

Skyla stepped into the room and sat on the bed. It wasn't the most comfortable bed, but it'll do. "My feet are killing me," she removed her boots and wiggled her toes. "That's much better."

"I have been thinking," Kristy sat on the chair. "Won't Alton find out about your pregnancy? He'll be able to sense the baby."

"I don't know," she said.

"He would've had sensed the baby awhile ago," Elvin said. "But his anger and insecurities aren't letting him sense anything around him. So no, Alton won't know about the baby."

"You know a lot for someone who recently became a lycan," Skyla said.

"I have been studying," he said. "Chiyo doesn't play around when it comes to new lycans."