CHAPTER ONE

Halewood, California
October 22, 2018

It's that time of year where everyone gets their Halloween decorations, costumes and a ton of candy. It's also the night Ronald Sawyer murdered 12 college kids. That was a tragic day for Halewood. No one knows his reason or his whereabouts. He disappeared. He wrote in blood on the wall "I WILL BE BACK." He never came back. Some say he probably committed suicide or he is probably still in Halewood. Some say that his only survivor killed him. The survivor escaped his bloodbath. The survivor was a female but no one speaks of her name. Most of them say she became crazy and was sent to a mental hospital.

Back to the point, Victoria Westbrook and Cali Jensen are sitting in the living room, watching Scream. They're having a horror movie marathon since Halloween is around the corner. The teenagers of Halewood have an obsession with horror movies, slashers in particular. The parents hate the idea since they are known for The Halewood Murders. Diane McCarthy's daughter was murdered by Ronald Sawyer and she swears to this day that she will get her revenge.

A phone vibrates. The phone belongs to Victoria Westbrook. She received a text message from her mother. "Ugh. It's my mom. I have to go." Victoria slides her phone into her jean pockets. She grabs her purse and swings it over her shoulder.

"What!? We just got started. We're about to see Drew Barrymore's brutal death scene." Cali Jensen replies. Cali hates being alone. Especially, since she is scared of Ronald Sawyer returning.

"You're not scared, are you?" Victoria teases.

Cali glares at her and says "Ha ha. Very funny. I'm not scared. Just don't want you to get hurt." Victoria laughs at her. She knows Cali well enough to know that she is scared of being alone.

"Don't worry, Cal. I will call you when I get home."

"Why do you need to go anyway?"

"My mom wants me to be home for a dinner party to impress all of her new friends. Yeah, like that will go well," Victoria says sarcastically while Cali laughs. She always feels good when Victoria is around. Victoria always protected her. She couldn't think of a time where she didn't protect her. Cali walked to the door and opens the door to a man in a hood. He stabs Cali in the shoulder. Victoria screams for Cali to run. The man in the hood tries to stab Victoria but she dodges the knife. He swings again but misses when she ducks and runs to the back door.

The man stabs her in the back while she screams in pain. The man slashes her back with the knife. Victoria continues to run. She reaches the back door and Cali attempts to hit him with the shovel but he dodges her hits and he grabs the shovel, knocking her unconscious.

Victoria fights back but the man is quick enough to stab her to death. Blood drips from the knife. Victoria lays still on the floor. She starts to crawl away but the man stabs her in her back again. Victoria winces in pain and begins to crawl again. This time, the man pulls her by the hair, lifting her head up and slashes her throat. Blood squirts from her throat. Dripping down to the floor. He lets her head drop to the floor.

Cali awakens to the killer standing over her body. He tilts his head to the side and waves his knife in her face. Cali sheds a tear. The man pulls back the hood and reveals himself. His mask is made of skin. Human skin. She screams. He raises his knife and shoves it down into her stomach.

 He raises his knife and shoves it down into her stomach