CHAPTER TWO

THE TOWN FREAK

Cassie Pearson is writing in her journal. Ever since she left the hospital to escape this hellhole, she writes in her journal. Cassie had a mental breakdown in school. Her anxiety was through the roof and the constant fear of losing control of her life was enough for her. She couldn't help the thoughts. She was diagnosed with major depression. Writing helped her cope with her parents' death. Her aunt Diane McCarthy took her her in like like she was her own. She treats Cassie with respect.

Cassie dreaded going to school because her "friends" pushed her away. Her ex-boyfriend as well. His name is Wyatt Cooper. He pushed her away because he didn't know how to help her. Now she always wears black with a red and black plaid flannel shirt. She has multiple band t-shirts but so many choices to choose from. She picks out a Green Day shirt and throws it over her head and pulls it down.

"Cassie, you're gonna be late for school!" Diane yells. Diane is cooking breakfast but it didn't turn out so great. "Hey sweetheart. I made breakfast."

"Oh burnt toast, burnt bacon and burnt sausages. Yum. Wow you should really become a chef," Cassie says sarcastically.

"Ha ha. At least, I thought of making you breakfast."

"Let's try these eggs. I'm sure it'll probably be better than the rest." Cassie takes a bite of the eggs and spits it out. "On second thought, they're all horrible."

"Oh come on. Is it that bad?"

"It's pretty bad." Diane throws a towel at her and Cassie laughs before leaving for school.

Cassie's best friend, Mena Coleman is wearing sunglasses with a black shirt that reads Bad Bitch. "Hey whore," Mena says with a smirk.

"Sup fucker?" Cassie replies. This is how Cassie and Mena always talk. They're not offended by inappropriate nicknames. Cassie notices Mena's shirt and says "You know you're gonna get in trouble, right?"

"Oh sweetheart. I live for it." Mena flashes her a smile and drives off with Cassie.

"Shit. Take it down a notch."

Mena turns toward Cassie and begins to do a pouty face. "You're no fun," Mena says and they both laugh. They arrive at their school. The last year of high school and they never have to see these morons faces or this shitty town ever again. Newsvans crawl all over the high school, ready for giving the news reporters a report but they get nothing at all. Cassie says "Why does it feel like we're in Scream?"

"You didn't hear? Victoria Westbrook and Cali Jensen were murdered last night. They were brutally murdered. Well at least there's less bitches to handle," Mena says.

"Mena! They're not bitches."

"You're right, sweetheart. It's just Beth, Seth and Russell who are bitches."

"What did you call us?" Beth Smith asks. Glaring at Cassie and Mena while Seth and Russell are by her side.

"Oh did I call you a bitch? Oh sorry I meant to call you three "The Slut and the Two Bitches," Mena says.

"Watch it, sweetheart."

"Oh honey. I'm not scared of you or your little friends too. Good try though. Not really." Mena bumps Beth's shoulders and leaves with Cassie. Seth and Russell laugh at the whole conversation.

"Oh shut up."

Cassie is sitting at her desk, writing down her notes. She sees a man in a hood across the street from her house. She stares for a little while until she is excused from the class.

"Hey Cassie."

"Hi Sheriff. What is this all about?"

"Did you know Victoria Westbrook and Cali Jensen?" Sheriff Alexander asks.

"Not really well. I knew who they were but nothing else."

"Hm okay. Well since you don't know them that well, you're free to go."

Mena calls over to Cassie. "What happened in there?" Mena asks.

"Nothing really. He just asked if I knew them very well and I said not really. End of discussion."

"Shit. Well I have a lot to say about them." Mena and Cassie laugh. Cassie parts ways with her and walks home. A man walks slowly behind her and she turns around. "Fuck off." Cassie gives him the middle finger and he runs at her. Cassie begins to run and reaches her house. The man tries to get inside but Cassie locks the door. He pounds on the door and Cassie screams "Leave me alone!" The pounding stops and Cassie is left alone. Cassie opens the door to find the killer gone. She hurries out the door and calls for help.

 She hurries out the door and calls for help