| chapter four

*
"Appearance blinds, whereas words reveal."
-Oscar Wilde
*

Later that day - it was already dark outside - Jules was sitting in the kitchen with Klaus. They found an elctronic guitar in the house and tried to play it. Neither of them knew how to do that so the outcome wasn't very pleasant to listen to.

"Klaus. Klaus!", Jules said pressing her hands onto her ears.

He looked at her innocently. "Yes?"

"I beg you, please, stop playing. I feel like I'm gonna be deaf if you continue doing this.", she said just as Five walked into the kitchen and began rummaging through the cupboards.

Klaus put his legs on the table and shot Jules a look. "Well, that was rude but thank you for your honesty. I-"

"Can you shut up? I'm trying to think here.", Five interrupted him and opened another drawer.

Klaus and Jules shared a look and both of them rolled their eyes at the same moment.

"Where's Vanya?", Allison asked also walking into the kitchen.

"Oh, she's gone.", Klaus answered her.

"That's unfortunate.", Five said holding up a caffetiere.

"Yeah.", Allison looked at him confused.

"An entire square block. 42 bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee.", Five said forcefully putting the caffetiere on the table

Allison looked at him as if he were crazy. "Dad hated caffeine."

Klaus looked up.

"Well, he also hated children and he had plenty of us.", he let out a humourless laugh and pouted his lip at Allison.

Jules scoffed.

"I'm taking the car.", Five said.

Klaus leaned forward. "Where are you going?"

"To get a decent cup of coffee."

"Do you even now how to drive?", Allison asked him.

"I know how to do everything.", he said before he space jumped out of the kitchen.

Klaus got up looking at the place where Five just disappeared. "I feel like we should try and stop him, but then again, I also kinda want to see what happens."

They heard an engine being turned on and Jules sighed. "Guess he wasn't joking about taking the c-"

She stopped. "That bastard."

Allison looked at her. "What is it?"

Jules groaned. "He took my damn car. The keys were laying just there on the counter."

She pointed next to the sink. "God, he should at least bring me coffee."

Klaus laughed. "Well, you shouldn't have left your keys there unsupervised."

She looked at him angrily but then she started to grin. "You realise we're not gonna get any food if I don't have my car?"

He groaned. "But I'm starviiing."

Jules got up to stand next to Allison as Diego walked into the kitchen.

"All right, I guess I'll see you guys in, what, ten years? When Pogo dies?", he said standing in between Jules and Allison.

"Not if you die first.", Allison looked at him with her arms crossed.

"Yeah, love you too, sis.", he grabbed a nut from the table and put it in his mouth. "Good luck on your next film. Hope it turns out better than your marriage, huh?"