| chapter five

*
"Time isn't the main thing. It's the only thing."
-Miles Davis
*

It was a chilly night when four of the 14-year old Hargreeves kids quietly sneaked out at a time where they were supposed to be asleep..

Klaus holding up blankets and a bottle of alcohol nearly slipped while stepping on a sandwich Diego dropped.

"Diego! Don't drop the food, I'm starving!", he said struggling to keep a hold of the blankets.

"Shh! They're gonna hear you!", Jules said while carrying two big bottles of soda. Ben walked besides her only holding two books.

They laid down the blanket under a tree in their backyard. Ben and Klaus sat on the opposite of Jules and Diego, all of them already munching on some sandwiches.

Klaus opened the bottle of alcohol and took a large sip. Ben rolled his eyes.

"Klaus, can't we have fun one time without anyone being drunk?", he said while putting his sandwich down.

Diego nodded. He picked up a soda bottle and drank from it. "I bet this is ten times better than any of your stuff."

"Of course it's better!", Klaus held up the bottle. "It's not supposed to taste good it's supposed to make you drunk."

Jules sighed. "That's not gonna solve any of your problems, Klaus."

Diego handed Jules the soda. "Exactly. If anything, Klaus, it's gonna make things so much more worse with time."

Klaus went to say something but Ben was faster. "Can we not argue right now? Just enjoy the company and Dad being out of town for two days."

Klaus and Diego nodded defeated and Jules smiled at Ben. He saw it and smiled back. Leaning over the blanket he passed her the second book he brought.

"I thought you might like that. It's about greek mythology.", he said his cheeks turning red.

She smiled at him. "Thanks, Ben. I'm sure I'll love it."

Diego cleared his throat. "So, if you're done with.. whatever you're doing. Can we play some games now?"

Klaus clapped his hands. "Ooh, yes. I actually brought a ouja board for th-"

The other three groaned. "Klaus, no!"

__________

"Like I told your son earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential.", Mr. Bigs told them as they were all seated in his office. "Without the client's consent I simply can't help you."

"Well, we can't get consent if you won't give us a name!", Five said looking angrily at the man. He stood before the desk and looked down at Mr. Big.

The man shrugged his shoulders. "Well, that's not my problem. Sorry. Now, there's really nothing more I can do so-"

Klaus' face suddenly lit up and let go of Jules' hand which he was holding. "And what about my consent?"

Jules' eyebrows scrunched together.

Mr. Big looked at him raising his eyebrows. "Excuse me?"

Klaus looked at him and started tearing up. "Who gave you permission to lay your hands on my son?"

Jules had no idea what he was doing.

"What?", everyone except Klaus said, extremely confused.

"You heard me.", Klaus stated.