𝟎𝟎𝟏. bella's birthday

—

IT HAD BEEN A WHILE since Bella had first moved to town, and Lydia believed that she had finally settled in like she had wanted her to, since she heard she would be moving back with Charlie. Even if she created a storm by talking to Edward Cullen after he had spoken not a single word to any student since he had first started at Forks High, she fitted in, people stopped calling her the new girl, and she had finally become something in the small town - Lydia's friends all took her in as their own, and she was a part of their friend group, too, and it was like Bella had been coming here since everyone had first started. At first, Bella hated it, and Lydia knew it, she didn't want to stay in Forks, she wanted to go back to Phoenix with her mom and Phil, and she wanted to go back to her old school - it was like that for a while, no matter how hard Lydia had tried to get the girl to enjoy her time in Forks, it just wouldn't work, until one night, Edward had showed up on their girls shopping trip for the prom, and since that moment on, the two had become inseperable, sitting together at lunch, showing up at school together, and even leaving together. Lydia hadn't spoken to Bella that much about it, since she was always with Edward, but she knew that her cousin was happy, and that's all that mattered to her.

Time had gone far too quickly from the first day Bella came home, to today, and Lydia didn't know why - normally, the school days would drag on, and a week normally felt like a whole month, but since Bella moved to town, it was like time was speeding up, and it was very strange. Life felt different than what it was before her cousin came to town, she felt like Bella had changed a lot in Forks, one main reason being that she had gotten Edward Cullen to come out of his shell - Lydia had never even seen the boy smile before he started talking to her cousin, but since Bella had walked into his life, it was like things had changed completely for him, too. Jessica was still as jealous as ever about Bella catching Edwards attention, since she had been wanting that since the boy had first joined; she didn't care much that she finally had Mike (to some extent, as the boy still liked Bella and wanted a chance with her), but the jealousy still burned fresh inside of her. Bella knew this, but was too head over heels for Edward that she didn't pay any attention to it.
Lydia did, though, and it annoyed her to no end..

Eric had moved on, to Angela, and he seemed really happy now because of it, and Lydia was glad for the two of them, and couldn't be more happy that Angela finally got the balls to ask him to prom - they were made for each other, and everyone knew it. But Mike.. Mike still believed that he had a chance, and as attractive as he is, it was nothing compared to Edward Cullen, and anyone could see how much Bella and him were in love with each other. It annoyed Lydia to no end that he still had feelings for Bella whilst dating her best friend, she knew it wasn't Bella's fault, the girl had never gave him any indication that she was interested in the boy, she just didn't want to see Jessica get hurt, since she knew how much she liked Mike and how long she had feelings for him for, too. Lydia tended to stray away from the dating scene, she had never been interested in anyone from school, or her own age, they were too immature for her liking, and she had said no to almost every single guy that had asked her out since starting High School - her dad thought that she was lonely, the fact that he had never seen her with a boyfriend, but she didn't mind being alone in that sense, she had her friends and family, and that's all that mattered to her.