Chapter 2

Third person's POV

Fear etch the three boys face as they watch their opponent creeping towards them, his sinister smile that made him look like a killer, eyes gleaming with rage. They tried to get away but Shikadai and Denki are stuck together and are trying to get away from each other but ultimately failed and Boruto could only watch them struggle in their own predicament.

Its Boruto's first time to feel fear before, sure he tried being scolded by his mom, Hinata before and when he accidentally ripped his little sisters' favorite teddy bear the day of his dad became Hokage, he felt fear like no other but this, it's more than that. But of course, he wouldn't say it out loud that he's scared. His pride is too high for that. He wouldn't want his friends to call him a scaredy cat after this whole fiasco, it would be too embarrassing and it would hurt his pride.

"I'll burn you all to ashes!"

The old man took slow agonizing steps toward the three boys, laughing darkly in the dimly lit alleyway of a abandoned building. The three felt a chill up their spine and Boruto felt like he's knees were going to fail him any time soon. Suddenly, the old man stop walking and made hand signs.

"Boruto, stop standing there and help us up!" Shikadai struggle to get back up said in alarm. I mean who wouldn't, right? They are a minute away to be turn to smithereens in this dark building, no where to run and no one to get help to, they're completely trap. If they come out here alive, he wouldn't want to tell this to his mother. He'll be grounded for weeks and an earful for being careless.

"Right." Boruto was finally out of his trans and run up to his two friends to try and entangle them. Honestly, how did they get to be like this is a big question for him but he'll save it for another day.

"Boruto, please hurry." Denki urge in worry as he saw the old man stop making hand signs and put his right fingers that was in a circular motion.

"Fire style: fire ball jutsu!" The man shouted as he unleash a big ball fire towards the three kids.

Panic filled the boys as they felt the heat trickled down there skin and close there eyes for the impact coming towards them but felt nothing. Boruto opened his eyes reluctantly and what he saw widen his eyes. In front of them is a big wall made of water and you can hear the sizzling sound of the previous fire being put out on the other side. When the fire jutsu was completely cast out the water wall also disappeared and stood in front of them the angry face of the old man.

The three boys sighed in relief but was questioned themselves of what saved them. Suddenly, a lone figure was standing in the front of the three scared and kids. They couldn't figure out if the person is a girl and a boy because of the hood of the jacket that's been covering their face and their small form of they presume their saviour.

The old man growled and run forward ready to attack their saviour with a loud battle cry but before he got close the lone figure vanished. He stop in his tracks and look around to find his enemy.

Suddenly, the cloaked figure appeared behind the old man and kick him
hard on the side that made him went straight into a wall making a huge dent, eventually knocking him hard.

The three boys jaw dropped. The mysterious figure beat the old man in a blink of an eye. Boruto sighed In relief as he saw the strange chakra leaving the mans body. He stood up as he saw the mysterious figure walking up to them.

"Who...are you?" He ask hesitantly but the ominous figure didn't answer him and continued to walk towards his friends who he almost forgotten. Boruto turned around and saw that they help his friends get untangled with each other.

"Um...thank you." Denki said as the figure help him up along with Shikadai who was massaging his sore shoulder.

"Yeah, thanks. We would have been fried without your help." Shikadai added with a nod, the figure nodded in return.