Chapter 13: That One Night

Clementine looked at Louis' limp body on the bed. His face was pale, his body was slowly getting colder, and he was losing a lot of blood. He would've been better by now, but the group was running low on medicine. So now, they couldn't do anything about it.

Luke, Javi, and Clementine were slightly hurt from their minor injuries, while everyone else was okay.

Tears ran down her face as she looked at him. She couldn't help but feel guilty. Guilty for what she had done to him. Ruby was right, she was the cause for all of this. She trusted Sophie when she already had done more bad things than you could ever imagine. She had gotten Minnie, Violet, and Omar captured, not to mention she had gotten Aasim killed.

Even Mitch had turned on her. He despised her now, he couldn't even look at her without mumbling at least a dozen insults towards her.

Clementine squeezed Louis' hand firmly. His hands were cold, motionless. Instead of the happy and charming smile he always had, he had a pale and lifeless expression on his face. This broke Clementine down so much. More tears ran down her face each second she was with him.

"I'm... sorry. God, I'm so fucking sorry, Louis..." Clementine croaked, wiping her tears while doing it. "This is all my fucking fault. I don't deserve you. You're... the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"I... I love you, Louis. I love you so fucking much. I know, it's dangerous- but I can't help it. I love you too much. Please... don't leave me."

Clementine broke down into tears as she looked down. Just then, Clementine felt Lous squeeze her hand. She looked up at him to see him with his eyes open and a small smile forming on his lips. A huge grin formed on Clementine's face as she looked at him. His face was still pale, and his appearance made it seem like he was going to die, but his face said otherwise.

"L-Louis?"

"Hey, darling." He managed to say, coughing right afterward.

Clementine kissed him passionately as he kissed back. She pulled away and frowned. He placed his hand on her cheek. "I... I thought you were going to die." She said, tears threatening to fall again.

"Honestly, me too- but I couldn't just leave you like that."

"Please- never do that again. I was so scared."

Louis smiled. "I heard you... saying you loved me." (P.S. I changed it so this would be the first time them saying it.) 

Clementine looked down, embarrassed. "Y-yeah... I- uh... about that- uh... I know you probably don't feel the same, but, um-"

Louis interrupted her by pulling her into another kiss, sitting up this time. He finally pulled away as he grunted in pain from his wound. Clementine widened her eyes.

"I--I'm sorry! Are you okay?" (I'm eating pasta while making this- just saying 😛)

"I'm fine-- and... I love you too."

Clementine smiled. She was about to lean in for another kiss when...

"Hate to interrupt." Ruby steps inside, smiling. "I just needed to check on Louis and-- Oh! He's awake, that's good."

Ruby walks over to Louis and sees how he is doing. "Oh, and Clem?"

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry for being such an ass out there. Aasim just meant a lot to me-- I know it wasn't your fault."

Clementine appreciatively smiles towards Ruby. "It's alright, Ruby. I've been through that as well. Too many times to count, actually."

Ruby stands up. "Okay, so Louis is still bleeding, but, since he's conscious, that rises up the chance that he'll live. All we really need to do is patch him up."