Chapter 1

((Alex's POV))

"Alex..."

I keep hearing my name while I sat on the back of a magical Nightfury with lime green eyes and a black scaly back, just gliding and soaring over land and sea while I scream out in joy over the ride itself. I was having the time of my life, away from my troubles. Away from my mom. Away from school and the school bullies that always gave me a living hell. Away from the teachers that hated my guts. Away... from it all. Flying over the island of Berk, over all of those Vikings my father always told me about and from the films I used to watch as a little kid, without a care in the world.

"Alex..." Toothless seemed to keep saying my name, as I look to him. But... it wasn't him anymore. He had red eyes as his head turns completely around to look at me, and I felt my breath shorten as I jump lightly.

"Alex!" His head turns to the side, as his rows of teeth flip out like a switchblade. I was about to let out a scream as his head lunges at me, and grasped me by my jacket collar, tossing me down as I fell for what seemed like forever, and just when I'm about to crash into some large rocks and be turned into a messy pancake-

"ALEX!!"

I jolt upright in my tiny student desk with a gasp, back in my classroom filled with idiots and a teacher that I swore had two demon horns on her head whenever I looked at her as well as a devilish tail that swayed around, piercing any student she didn't like in her line of sight. Even with her messy black hair and white skin as well as her long skirt to match her white uniform shirt, she always had the frown of a witch as her gross brown eyes locked onto me like the way a robot would at a target. And with her followed every other head in the room to stare at me like I'm some sort of alien.

"Alex, sleeping in my classroom? Unacceptable young man."

I let out a long sigh.

"Yes, Mrs. Deforge..."

"Detention. Again."

I slouch lightly in my seat at my given jail time. Everyone else seemed to just giggle like a stupid little comedy audience.

"Yeah, nice one, Dragon-nerd."

Henry, two seats behind me, says aloud as the others laugh some more, harder even. I couldn't even reply, as I knew if I even dared, I'd probably get far more than just an atomic-wedgie. All I could do was frown while staring downwards at my desk, and wait long enough for everyone else to turn their unwanted attention off of me and back to the devil up front as she began babbling about "How great Algebra 2 is". Most boring bloody class in the world as it is, and, yes; I SUCK at math. Or, I'm just super slow at it, if you wanna be technical. I look down at my white-skinned hands, as I twiddle with my pencil. Still silently suffering while the group of morons behind me toss little pieces of paper at the back of my head.

"Hate this school... HATE it... wish it'd burn to millions of ashes..." I thought.

Time passed slower than a snail trying to run as the class bell rings, and everyone rushes out of the classroom. I pack my books of complete utterly useless nonsense, except for my notebook that I always sketch in, especially dragons as well as Vikings, and head my way towards the door until I felt that demon's hand on my shoulder.

"Don't. Be late."

"... Yes, Mrs. Deforge..." I say, my stomach sinking as I walk out into the hall.

The hallways were always basically crowded, different people with different colors scattering the hallways, and guess who decided to give me a friendly reminder that my life is literally meaningless?