Chapter 2

((Alex's POV))

I heard their shouting again. My mom was arguing with her boyfriend over her "clients" that she always had. This happens almost every Saturday and I can't stand this life anymore. Nothing seems to change. Mom is always being a dirty mess and I'm just going to school for apparently nothing. I have to find a way to get out of this hell-hole. I can't live like this anymore. And right as I stand up, I heard it. The loud, deafening smack and the silence of my mother's voice.

I rush down to the two and notice my mom, black-eyed and bruised. He had slapped her. Within no time at all I shove her boyfriend away from her as he rolls his eyes while I had heavy breaths, just staring down into his disgusting soul. He huffs with a scoff before he turns to leave. My mom then whacked me across the back of my head.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU, ALEX?!"

"B-... but- but he-"

"HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO ACTUALLY CARED AND YOU MADE HIM LEAVE!"

"Him?! HIM?! HE HIT YOU! LOOK AT YOURSELF, YOU'RE A BLOODY MESS! AND ALL YOU DO IS SLEEP WITH MEN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW! I PROTECTED YOU!"

"HE WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT COULD'VE LET ME FIX MYSELF YOU IDIOT!"

"HE HURT YOU! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?!"

"GO TO YOUR ROOM! SELFISH BRAT!"

"Selfish..." I turn to her halfway over to the stairs.

"SELFISH?! YOU CALL ME SELFISH WHEN YOU'RE LITERALLY SELFISH YOURSELF! ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS MONEY AND HOW MANY "CLIENTS" YOU GET! YOU TREAT YOURSELF LIKE AN OBJECT AND ENJOY IT, BUT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR OWN SON! YOU DON'T CARE IF I GET BEATEN UP IN SCHOOL OR ABOUT THE BULLIES AND CRAP I ALWAYS HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THERE OR WITH YOU! I-..."

I couldn't take it anymore, tears streaming down my glassy eyes as I then let her hear the words that first came into my mind.

"I HATE YOU!! I WISH I WAS JUST NEVER BORN INTO THIS STUPID FAMILY!!"

A long pause fills the air as I saw the tears of hurt in my mother's eyes, and I sobbed myself while I then dash up the stairs to my room, quickly slamming the door shut as I snatch my pillow and curl up on my bed, sobbing into the pillow I held tightly onto because I had nobody else to hold. I hated my life and nothing was changing whatsoever. God probably just laughs at my own suffering and pain, laughing at how stupid and weak I am... but I didn't care anymore. I was probably already hell bound for all I know. All I could do was just sob myself away for the rest of that afternoon. My life didn't seem to matter anymore. It couldn't be that important... could it?

Night came after I had my dinner, and laid there with my backpack stuffed of everything I wanted to take with me, including a good set of bathing material and grooming items, as well as my precious notebook full of my notes and sketches of Dragons and Vikings, then my favorite plushie of Toothless himself. I even packed myself some bagged snacks and canned drinks, just in case. I had also packed a small suitcase with plenty of clothes for myself to wear before I count down the minutes to the perfect escape.

I had to get away from it all, and it starts tonight. Minutes passed like hours as I watch the clock hung up in my room. 9:00 ... 10:00 ... 11:00 ... and finally midnight. With a sigh, I pick up my things, before I pick up a pillow from my bed and open my window, dropping it outside so I could use it as a softener for my landing. I first drop my suitcase to make sure it was safe, and it successfully lands on the pillow and bounced off gently. I took a last look behind me at my room, then peek out of my door to check on my mom. She was asleep in her bed... thankfully. I already had written a "Farewell" note and taped it to my door so she'd know where I went. Can't let her freak out that much, can I? Well... not that she's gonna give a damn. With a deep breath, I head back towards my window, taking yet another last glance at my room.. full of dragon posters and of the sorts.