Chapter 3

I had my backpack strapped to my back while sitting on the back of the black Nightfury that I always dreamed of. He was real. It was all real. And I never had such a huge smile upon my white-skinned face before until now. Lifting my arms up at my sides, I let the wind blow through my hair. Letting out happy cheers from the thrill before I go back to grasping onto Toothless' back. Holding on tightly as he did some rolls to show off in front of his Lightfury bride and three little dragon kids who seem to make happy little dragon noises at the two of us. Soaring through the clouds as I fly with my role model dragon. Before I had knew it, something began to form from the distant cover of clouds and fog. Squinting as we approach what seemed to be another mass bit of land, my eyes then widen as I began to see it... The island I had swore to myself that I knew was real all this time that everybody doubted me for... Berk. Populated by hundreds of thousands of Vikings, possibly millions. They all seem to crowd about and follow us as Toothless and his family all drop down to land at the very spot where they all cried and waved goodbye to their dragons. Their mouths dropped as they spotted me upon his black-scaled back, and pet his head as I drop down on my black-sneakered feet and stand in front of the Viking crowd. But they drew their weapons on me because I was an outsider, forcing me to raise my hands up in surrender and nervousness. I did NOT want to die right now. I already almost faced death from a dragon, and now I've got Vikings about to kill me. Thanks, humanity. Aren't you a sweetheart?

"WOAH, WOAH! Easy! I'm not gonna hurt you!"
I exclaim in protest. Toothless came forward and snarled in protection... felt nice to have him at my side, at least for right now.

"HE'S AN OUTSIDER! WE SHOULD KILL HIM!"
"TURN HIM INTO A STUFFED TURKEY!!"

All of their cries of violence against me had me fearful while I back into Toothless for protection, until a familiar-looking set of faces step through the crowd and seemed to settle them down. I knew exactly who they were once they step forward. My idols...

"Toothless...? Brought your family along too, huh? Everybody stand down! Lower your weapons... He's not here to harm us."

And with that single demand, all of the threatening Vikings back off of me, lowering their Spears and other deadly killing machines.

"Holy mother of fish balls... Hiccup?" I say. I had to be sure it was him, since he's changed so much since the photos left in the last book he made.

"... How do you know my name?"

"I-... I read your books! All of them! I saw your movies too! I'm a HUGE fan!" I say. A big smile beaming from my face as he steps closer. As if flattered by my admiration.

"You read all of them AND saw the movies? Impressive... I don't get many fans of my work nowadays... well, apart from my kids and wife, Astrid. How'd you get so far out here? You lost?"

"No! N-.. no. I was looking for you... all of you. Everyone told me you didn't exist. I KNEW you were real! I... I knew you all were real..." I say. Resting a skinned hand on Toothless's side. Leaning against him, and he allowed me to rest against him. What a sweet dragon!

"You came all of this way... to search for me? For all of us? I... I-... I don't know what to say."

"You should come with me back home! They'll love to see y-"

"No! No... no they won't. They'll shoot us down and kill the dragons. That's why they left in the first place. But... I figured that you'd know that since you watched my films and read my books." Hiccup states, holding one of his kids in his arms. Astrid stood beside him.

"Not if they see me with you. You know you can't stay here, isolated on this island forever without them sending in the government or something..."