Changes

It was finally Tom's birthday

It was finally Tom's birthday. Customarily, Y/n would be over the top excited and would have everything organised months before. This birthday was modified. 

There wasn't going to be laughter, happiness or gifts that they saved up to by each other's a small gift that held so much purpose and compassion. No, this birthday was going to be dull and full of sadness. The only source of emotion was arrogance that was caused by a certain letter that would arrive soon enough.

-------------------------------------------------

It was 6 am in the morning as the whole orphanage was having breakfast. Small conversations were thrown around casually every so often. It was supposed to be a day full of excitement for a particular boy, however, that adrenaline vanished. 

Y/n has yet to leave her room that morning, no not because she didn't require to or because she was worried about facing him. It involved him, yes. The girl still possessed feelings for the boy deep in her heart she had no apprehension about it. 

It took her a second to feel interested to him, a minute to relish him, a day to love him and it will certainly be a lifetime to forget him. They developed up together, not one left the other behind until that disagreeable incident. She had yet to understand the implication of his actions, yet to discover the truth behind all this mayhem. 

That morning, after many debating and arguing with herself. She selected to write him a note. Not a long one no, it didn't have to be long to hold as much love and meaning she had for him in two words. 

Y/n had finalised the note and placed it on Tom's nightstand. A little green ribbon attached it together when opened,  the reader will discover a small snake drawing she created because for their common interest of both loving snakes.

 A little green ribbon attached it together when opened,  the reader will discover a small snake drawing she created because for their common interest of both loving snakes

After concluding her astonished disposition, she heads down to investigate if there was any mite of breakfast left.

As she appeared, all eyes landed on the girl, expression contained one question, 'Why was she late?'. Brushing it off as her latter performance because of the recent enterprises.

------------------------------------

As stroke 8 am perfect, all pupils returned to there rightful rooms.  

Tom reached his room and locked the door spontaneously after he stepped foot inside. He scanned the room to see if any of the bullies had planted a prank in his room, none was in sight. However, he saw a classy note skillfully put together on his window sill. It wasn't alone though, a ring placed right beside it. 

Tom addressed it tentatively, he selected to pick up the note first.

There was only one person in this orphanage beside Tom who had this type of handwriting that made it stand out, that person, was Y/n King

A smile slowly slithered its way up his lips, 

So she did care after all huh?

Weirdly satisfying, this sparked butterflies into Tom's stomach, 

He still loved her,

he was certain.