Chapter 34

"So close but yet so far".

Andre's POV.

6 weeks has gone by, her bandages has been removed and Elizabeth have still not open her beautiful blue grey eyes.

I miss her so much until it hurts, I've spent more time at the hospital than at my hotel room. On January 4th it's was Andre's birthday and her aunt Lilly had added decorations and her friends and sisters celebrate her birthday at the hospital but I selfishly didn't see the point of doing all of that.

Going back to Stanford without Elizabeth being there had seem pointless so I have decided staying away and uncle Ed have been pull some strings to get my assignments e-mailed to me and I would take them in and sit my exams as they go along..

I have kept my promise to Rosa and I've been visiting her as often as my mood allowed me to. On Sunday afternoon I decided stop by miss Johnson house after I did my moring visit at the hospital and spoke to my Elizabeth. When I got there Cole's Nona sat at her usual spot at the window and waved to me and I held up a hand saying hello an went inside.

"Andre you are here".

Miss Johnson said in a hurry.

"I'm going to the hospital they just called saying that something is wrong".

"What!. But everything was fine before I left".

"I don't know Andre but we have to go".

"I'll drive".

I drove us to the hospital and went rushing through the doors, her aunt stop at the front desk and I rushed straight to her room.

"Elizabeth".

I paused at the door to see her still sleeping and everything seemed okay to me. I walked over to her sat on the bed and took her hand into mine and gave it a kiss. Moments later her aunt and sister walked in.

"They got her named mixed up with another patient, thank God it's a false alarm".

"Yeah".

"I'm going to take Rosa to the bathroom I'll be back soon".

I looked down at the ring on Elizabeth finger and begun to think about what a wonder wife she will be but I must call off the engagement until she's okay.

"I know that you won't remember me when you open your eyes, but I  won't let that stop me from loving you even if I have to from a distance. I love you so much Elizabeth".

I gave her a kiss on her forehead and removed the ring from her finger when I felt a tiny squeeze on my hand and I was taken by surprised. She began to move her hand reaching for her head and I sent an alert to her doctor and nurses and she slowly woke up from her coma.

The nurses and doctor rushed in and they had asked me to excuse myself from the room and wait outside as they ran some checks on her. Her aunt got the news and came running down the hall way with Rosa with a smile on her face. They both gave me a hug as tears of joy rolled down on her aunt's cheek.

We spent quite awhile waiting outside and her aunt had called Jacques and Maria and gave them the news. After the doctor was through he came and spoke with us.

"Doctor?".

Her aunt questioned.

"Well miss Johnson as expected she's not aware of what happened or who she is nor the people around her".

"Okay, when can she come home?".

"We will keep her here for one more night just to ensure that everything is okay. But in the mean time, try to take things slow with her, introduce yourselves to her let her aware that you are her family and try not to scare her with too much information all at once".