Chapter Twenty Six

Elena showed up a bit after Bekah and I's chat. She wore a strapless magenta ball gown with gold roses bordering the sweet-heart neckline. Paired with lovely metallic gold Steve Madden pumps. 

Around ten she and I saw the Salvatore brothers walk in. 

Let the games begin. 

A dance was called at the stroke of midnight, that was our cue. 

Just as I was looking for someone tasty to dance with Matt Donavan walks over to me. Poor guy he has no idea what he's getting himself into. But he's a good pick cause he's most likely on vervain which will stop me from killing him. Although over the years I have picked up a tolerance, so we'll see how that goes. 

"Hey Emma, do you wanna dance?" He asks so innocently it's cute really. 

"I would love to Matt. You know for a moment there I thought I would be alone. Thank god you showed up and saved me." I say, Matt is one of the good guys in this town so why the hell not. We make our way to the dance floor and begin to dance to the old classical music that goes with a traditional waltz. 

Then suddenly the music becomes darker and the vampire feasting begins. I wait for a moment just to watch all of the reactions, especially my father's. Just as everyone is finishing their snack I dive into some random kid that was running past me and devour him . Matt's too innocent I couldn't feed off him, seems cruel. 

I see my father's horrified look. I don't know if it is towards me or the blood, honestly it's most likely both. I can see him to start loose control with his face vamping out. I can see the want in his eyes to feed on some innocent human.

"You," he says looking at me with a look of hatred and disdain, "You did this. You planned this whole thing to make me a monster. You did this to make yourself feel better about your own pathetic stupid life. So you could look in the mirror and not be ashamed of you who are. So that you don't have to face the facts, the fact that your mother turned you into this, not me." I want so badly for him to wrong. But he is entirely right. But I need to believe he is wrong. If he is wrong then I still get to hate him and my mom is still painted as the the mom who did anything for her child and loved me more than the world. But at the end of the day, right now I don't want to fight my dad because then I would be defending a lie that I need to be true. So instead of yelling back I simply walk away and in my head pick out the next place I am going. 

But my aunt comes to my defense this time. "No Stefan, Katherine may have done horrible things, but she did them to survive and to protect Emma. You were the one that ruined Emma. She grew up without a father and the effects of that and the things she saw you do makes the monster inside her. Don't go blaming everything bad in your life on Katherine because there was a point in your life that you loved her. Besides what has the bad you have done accomplished?" She yells back at him in my defense. I am grateful for her defending me, but honestly I think the monster inside me is from all of it. From what I have seen my father do and what he has done to me, what I have seen my mom do and what I have done all on my own. 

My father is obviously stunned by Elena defending me and yells back, "Have you been working with her?" 

"Yes Stefan I have. I've been working with her from the very beginning. I was there all the times you were not." She tells him and I know she still loves him. And I know she doesn't want to hurt him, but this revelation was always going to hurt him.  

"What the hell are you talking about?" He asks confused. 

This time I decide to answer, "She's Katherine's sister, my aunt. Are you really that dumb that you didn't put two and two together? I mean come on, they are identical twins." 

"Tell me it's not true. Elena?" I can see it in his eyes that he doesn't want to believe it and I understand why. It's the same reason I don't want to believe that I have a monster inside me, the one that's always threatening to come out. Pure fear. Something so scary we don't want to believe it. Something that is meant to be fake, but isn't. 

"It's not a lie." She says it and both of them look so hurt.

"So was it all a lie?" He asks.

"No Stefan, I came and fell in love and that wasn't supposed to happen. And I do love you, but I can't ignore what you have done to Emma. If you had at least been around and cared maybe things would be different." 

"Emma" He looks at me and tries to talk to me. 

"I don't want to hear it. Do you know how much hell I've been put in because of you? The amount of hell you will get from this party is only a small fraction of what I've been through. And why, because you decided I wasn't good enough for you." I yell back at him Elena can be calm, but I'm not forgetting what has been done. For everything he has done to me this party seems like a fail. He was supposed to break, become a monster. My mom would be so disappointed in me. He was meant to suffer, yet I'm the one breaking. 

As the battle in my head gets to me I somehow start crying. "You were meant to suffer, you were supposed to feel the pain of losing someone you needed." I scream through my ugly tears. 

"Emma, I'm sorry I left. I guess I just wasn't strong enough for you and your mom. It was only meant to hurt Katherine. I never thought what it would do to you. I-I" He get's cut off my me. 

"You didn't think leaving your daughter, letter her be raised without a father would effect me?" I scream, I'm so tired and angry. But I need to know the answers to the questions I've been asking my whole life.

"I-I- I didn't think I only though of what it would do to Katherine. I never want to hurt you." He tries defending himself, but only makes me more angry. 

"Then why did you keep doing it? It wasn't just you not being there it was that when you showed up all you did was hurt me."

"Emma, clearly I can't say sorry over and over again, but let me make it up to you."

"No, no you have never changed your was and you never will. I will never trust you. You can't undo 150 years of pain. "

"Let me try."

"No" I say and walk off home with Elena trailing behind me. I can't forgive or forget what he has done and that will never change.  

Just because Stefan decided to care does not give him anything. And it will not change my decision. 

He realized that he fucked up for the past 150 years and wants a redo. Yet he saw how much pain I have in my eyes. Seeing that amount of pain tore him, but it will not break me. I will not forgive or forget how we got here. Nothing he has done or does will ever justify what he has done to me.

Hello friends, I'm back with one dramatic chapter. There are not many chapters left so take what you can get. 

Alright that's all I've got, see you next week. 

Vote, Comment, Tell me what you think, oh and I love you guys.