Chapter 5

"Please come to our service, Kiko!" "Huh?" I looked up at the two boys in front of me. "What are you two talking about?" "Allow me to explain, princess." I looked over my shoulder and saw a boy with neat amber hair which complimented his brown eyes. I gave him my undivided attention and he began to speak. "I am the reverend of the church of Kiko, Kairu Kāson. My followers and I are here to ask you to join a special service at our church today after school. Will you do us the honor and come to our service?" He took my hand in his and kneeled down on his right knee. Hesitantly, I said yes. The boys thanked me and told me that the congestion would be pleased when they heard the news.

And that's how I ended up sitting on a throne in the middle of the stage in the school's auditorium.

Reverend Kāson walked on the stage and began to speak. "Brothers, today we have been blessed with having our empress, Kiko, here today!" The congestion clapped and cheered, "Can we all open our bibles to Kristen 23:30 and may I ask that Kiko, reads the scripture for us today." His gaze then landed on me and I gulped slightly. "I don't have a bible." He walks over to my chair and sits on the arm of it and places the book onto my lap. "We can share mine, are you okay with that?" I nodded my head and began to read the verses, " She laid her hand on his face and in that moment he was reborn; not physically but spiritually. He then felt that all his sins were forgiven. He was saved. (Kristen 23:30)" Reverend Kāson stood up and applauded me, the congestion join in too. He took over and lead the rest of the service and I even read more scriptures.

At the end of the service, Reverend Kāson asked me to say a final prayer and a few words of wisdom, I obliged and did as I was told. As I was saying goodbye and saying thank you to everyone, one of the followers stood up and called to Kāson. "Reverend Kāson, I've received an email from one of the follower of the church of Kanagi! The follower says that our empress isn't pure and that she's in love with a man named Chris. They say that he's already devote to a queen, Hitomi, and that our Kiko has decided to her pursuit on winning his heart." Kāson simply laughed at the boy. "That news humors me! How could our fair princess do something so adulterous! It's a shame that you don't believe in the pureness of our fair lady, I should have you outcasted for opposing such distasteful views of her." Kāson turned to me, "I am sorry for what he has said. I'll have him outcasted and shunned by the community at once." "There's no need to punish him, hasn't offended me and only said what he has heard." Kāson looked me in the eyes worriedly. "Princess, are you implying that what he has was the truth?" I averted my gaze and said nothing which only confirmed what Kāson dreaded the most. Kiko was indeed doing something adulterous and was being impure. Kāson stepped forward and hung his head grimmly as he addressed the congestion, "Brothers, it seems that what he says is true. Our princess is impure and committing adultery." The boys started shouting that it wasn't true, others were shouting that Kāson and the other boy were non believers. "I swore my life to serve the princess and spread her teachings, I would never lie to you or in the name of Kiko!" Tears began to fall from his eyes as he shouted, "I know you're all in denial, I was too, but Kiko confirmed it herself." Everyone gasped and I felt even more guilty. "I know we're all hurt but we know what has to be done. Remember that I'm only doing this for the benefit of the church." He wiped the tears from his eyes, "Forgive me. I hereby exile you from this community and order that no one in this church shall talk to you, be near you, nor shall they be able to be touched by you. If anyone should break these laws, they shall join you in exile."