Chapter 2: The Base Part 1

No one's pov

Y/n's eyes started to open as he heard the chopper starting to slow down. He was gonna sit up but he felt a head on his shoulder and saw Maria sleeping on his arm and I shake her awake slightly. "General, wake up," He said and she groaned then we landed and she fell on my lap and I grabbed her softly and picked her up Bridal Style before opening the back door and a few girls appeared then saw me and they suddenly pulled their weapons out and at me. I blinked as an alarm wailed, Multiple soldiers surrounded me, even tanks. I was in a state of shock that when I feel the General waking up then saw everything then Sighed. 

"Stand down, he's friendly," She said and I lowered her down so she can stand up and She did so, everyone went back to what they were doing my eyes widened as I look at a certain girl. "J-Janie...?" I asked walking towards her and she looked at me confused.

"Who are you? How do you know me" She asked Coldly causing me to chuckle. 

"Forgot your Brother, Eh, Snips," I said with a smile and her eyes widened and immediately jumped onto me, hugging me not letting me go.

"Y/N! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" She asked, yelling at me with tears.

"I've been at home, I retired from the Army after the incident... and the reason why I'm here is that I'm reassigned," I said petting her head.

"Wheres James?" She asked she mustn't have been told about James... James was her favourite, I was really close to being her favourite. But hearing his name caused me to tear up.

"He's gone, sis...." I mumbled and Her eyes widened. 

"N-No, It can't be true, TELL ME YOUR LYING?!" She yelled holding my collar lifting me up, crying.

I looked away. "I was forced to sit there and watch him being tortured to death, 5 hours of straight torture and he eventually died... It's all my fault" I said crying watching flashback run through my mind and she let go and hug me tightly. 

"How's it your fault?" She asked

"He sacrificed himself because of me, he wanted me to be free but they kept me there and tortured me" I sobbed and hugged her more, she just hugged me tightly and after 5 minutes I let go and wiped the tears. "It's good to see family again though," I said and she nods.

"Now that you two are done. Let me show you, your new home until this war is done" Maria said and I nod and got up and put the duffle bag on my back.

"I'll see you at dinner or at the firing range Y/n," Janie said and ran off to a group of girls who I suspect is her squad. I look at Maria and she smiled. 

"Follow me," She said and I nod and we started to walk towards the firing range. Just your normal firing range. There was also an area where you can test your speed and accuracy. I smile softly then I see a Blonde haired girl, with Green eyes using a bullpup assault rifle at the range but she was struggling with recoil.

"Whos that?" I asked

"She is Private First Class, Alex O'Neill. She's only ever been around the base, she has a mission later so I bet shes practising" Maria said and I walked over.

"Miss O'Neill?" I asked and she tenses and fumbles with her weapon. She caught it and sighed softly. 

"S-Sorry about that.." She said then noticed me and aimed her rifle at me and Maria walked over. 

"He's Friendly," Maria said and Alex saluted at Maria and I chuckled. "Alex, this is Y/N, Private but previously a Fellow General," She said and Alex stiffens more. I put my hand on her shoulder.