One

"You know the consequences of joining us. Once you're in, it will be difficult to get out, lady."
The man in front of me says while trying so hard to intimidate me.

"Of course, I am well aware."

Difficult to get out. Difficult in what way? My life has never been anything but difficult. This is no difference.

"Figures. Tell me, why did you join? I have tried to gather informations about your past but it seems like you don't want us to know about it."

"My background nor my past is none of your business. The head of this organization has accepted me without knowing anything. Tell me, why I should explain it to you?" I retort, getting irritated by this man's presence.

"If I were to guess, I would say you are very talented, well rationally speaking. On the other way, might be because of your looks."
I am starting to get irritated but I know very well that it will just satisfy him so I hold off my emotion, smile sweetly, and turned to look him up --  eye to eye.

"Might be. You can think of anything you want. I don't give a cent on your thoughts."
With that, I turned on my heels and walk away from him.

-

(5 years later)

"Miss Cassy, your father is asking for you to meet him at his study."

After saying that, the maid exited my room.

I have been staying with my father after the argument I had with my mother concerning the company, her company.

"Father."

"Yes, have a seat. Let me just finish this."

He is going through some paper works and after his done, his attention is on me.

"How are you doing, princess? Are you comfortable with your room?"

"I am, Dad. Thank you for letting me stay here and not telling Mom. It's just that I need a breather."

Ever since I left the agency and decided to show myself again to my parents, my mother is bugging me non-stop about taking over the company. Not that I don't want it, I can definitely run the company, unfortunately, that is not the only thing that she wants from me.

My mother wants me to marry a businessman before I can take over. I am against the idea. My life since my childhood had been controlled so I want to make this decision myself. I am not marrying someone I am not interested with just for the sake of business. I truly believe in love and I don't want to end up like them. As you can tell, my parents were separated.

One cannot tell if you them in public. Both can be good actors as they don't want to ruin the image of a happy family that everyone thought they have.

"You're my daughter, of course I will give you everything. About your mother's proposal, it's fine by me if you will not take it. I can guide you in running that company of hers. I don't understand why she is so adamant to marry you to a rich bastard when that fucking company is one of the biggest in this fucking country!"

"Dad, language. And yes, me neither. Mom is so controlling more than ever."

I sigh. Maybe, this is one of the reason why my father asked to be separated from her.

"How's your business, Dad? Please make sure that you will not be involve to something dangerous. I can't lose you."

"You are one to talk, princess. Haha. But yes, I am careful. What do you think of your father, a loser? I can't be the most feared man if I am dumb, you know?" My father said, laughing. You see, my father is very tender when speaking with me but has a different persona when he is with his people.