Chapter 1

Some people just want a spark of something exciting in their life. Sakura realizes that maybe, that's what she needs right now, something exciting in her monotonous daily life. Don't get her wrong, she is contented and happy. But sometimes, it's not enough. Sitting on the stool of an empty kitchen, she sighed and rested her chin on her forearms. She was early.

She opens her phone and read the text from her best friend again.

Chaeyeon-chan: I'm not gonna be in the studio today :( I will surely crave your cooking for the rest of the day. Take care. See you when I see you, hopefully soon. xoxo

Sakura sighed again and the door of the kitchen slammed open.

"Wow! You're early today unnie." Chaewon walked up to the locker, unlocks it in 3 seconds, then proceed to place her stuff in an organized manner.

"Jjaeyeon is busy..."

"Oh your waifu is busy." Chaewon smirked as she sat next to Sakura.

Sakura squinted her eyes at Chaewon. "Waifu? No, she's my best friend."

Chaewon hummed in a teasing tone. "5 years from now, invite me to your wedding." Then she flashed a grin to Sakura who opened her mouth to make a rebuttal but Chaewon stood up. "Let's prepare the ingredients!"

Sakura appears beside Chaewon with a basket for ingredients. "She's just my best—"

"What method of cooking are we going to do with the chicken legs, Unnie?"

"I don't know. Grilled, Fried, Braised? You choose. But Chaeyeon is just—"

"Frying is too cliche for a chicken," Chaewon crouched down and took a pack of peas and some onions.

Sakura held out the basket for Chaewon to place the ingredients on. "Frying is simple and sometimes simple is the best."

"We have a 50-50 chance of passing this class by doing simple, and I want at least 80-20, Unnie. But maybe you're right, no one in this class made a simple dish before." Chaewon gave Sakura a smile once again.

Sakura shook her head from left to right with a smile herself. "Okay–okay, so what are you planning to do then?"

"Let's fry them?"

"Obviously. How about we braised it with that peas and onion? But once again Chaeyeon—"

"Chicken legs with braised peas and onions then."

The lights of the stadium flashes before her eyes as she twirls and bows her head gracefully, her hair flying and emphasizing her movement. She brought her arms upward, flicked her hands, then brought them down outwards. But then the music stopped, she lingered until someone called her.

"Chaeyeon-ah! You've been dancing for ten minutes non-stop. Are you trying to kill yourself?!" Eunbi went up to her with a towel and a bottle of water.

"Thanks, unnie." Chaeyeon gulped down the water. Eunbi has been taking care of her ever since the beginning of class, ever since she started pushing herself for more.

Eunbi handed her the towel next. "Here. Jeez. Change your top before leaving okay? We're going ahead."

Chaeyeon nodded and wiped the sweat off her face. "Bye, unnie. Take care!" She continues to wipe her back as she watches Eunbi leave the stadium. Chaeyeon looks around and felt eerily calm of the silent surroundings. She was alone. The practice ended a while ago. But she needed to practice, more than any of the person in the class. I still need to get better. I'm not pretty but I can at least learn to dance. But what if it's not enough?