Chapter 5

The air inside the studio was heavy but Sakura felt light as she watches Chaeyeon dance. Her eyes couldn't move away from the girl to the other dancers beside the feather and she wondered why Chaeyeon ever thought she was unnoticeable. It's Friday and this is their last go of the choreo. Sakura decided to spend time with her best friend because she wouldn't be able to tomorrow with her attending the class she missed.

Sakura was a second late in noticing that the song had finish so did their dance. Her eyes stuck to Chaeyeon like a leech and she certainly didn't miss the way her best friend's shirt raise up as she try to wipe her face with the collar. She registered the lines of Chaeyeon's abs. A heat crawled up her spine, to her head, then back down on the lower portion of stomach. Her brows furrowed at the new feeling. She forced herself to look away and took deep breaths when she succeeded.

"Wow... Chaeyeon-unnie is really amazing," Chaewon whispered beside her. Sakura gave her a glance before averting her eyes to Chaeyeon.

"She is."

The said girl walked up to them with a shy smile. As if on instinct, she took Chaeyeon's towel placed atop her bag and began patting Chaeyeon's face. Only then she realize what she'd done when Chaeyeon held her hands to take over. She dropped her arms and ignored the gaze she can feel from Chaewon. She can almost see at her peripheral that the girl is smirking.

Eunbi appeared and patted Chaeyeon's back. "You did great there, as always. We can go home now. No need for you to stay." Eunbi faced Sakura. "Make sure she heads home."

Sakura nodded repeatedly at Eunbi with an approving hum. She faced back Chaeyeon to give her a pointed look. The woman replied with a sheepish smile.

"Why don't we all go together," said Momo, emerging out of nowhere. Her muscly arms visible in her loose black tank top.

They all agreed and after cleaning up the studio they headed home. After arriving at the house building of the dance majors, Eunbi and Momo said their goodbyes to Chaewon and Sakura. Chaeyeon lingered.

"Meet me at the vending machine over there," said Chaewon and walked away to give the two some privacy.

"No goodbye hugs for now," said Chaeyeon. "I didn't change." She scrunched her face in a way Sakura found adorable.

"It's not like I mind... but okay." Her eyes raked over Chaeyeon's physique and her stomach involuntarily tightened as she remember Chaeyeon's abs. She took a step forward, planted her hands there and tiptoed to kiss Chaeyeon on her cheek. "Take care of yourself. Don't want you getting sick again."

"I assure you, it won't happen again." Chaeyeon averted her eyes away as she mumble, "The only reason I got sick because I slept with you."

Sakura jerked back to gauge Chaeyeon. "What?" she asked with not-so-innocent thoughts running in her mind. She didn't miss Chaeyeon's blush.

"I... after you fell asleep, I took a nap beside you. I guess that's why I got sick."

"Oh..." It was Sakura's turn to blush. She looked away when Chaeyeon took in her face. "Ne–never do that again–I mean sleep beside me when I'm sick. You can–you can always sleep with me but uh... just, when I'm not sick."

"Okay..." Chaeyeon moved closer to Sakura. "Are you okay, Saku-chan? You look pinkish, you're not falling back to sickness aren't you?"

"No, I'm fine!" Her voice cracked in higher pitch when Chaeyeon leaned forward. Oh no she's doing the Japanese way and my heart won't stop beating fast.

With their foreheads joined, Chaeyeon whispered, "You smell nice, Saku-chan."

"Tha–thanks..."