Cookies And Kisses (AU)

• Dedicated to Eve Morden

Karlie left Starbucks with two pumpkin spiced lattes clutched in her manicured hands and headed off down the road towards her girlfriends small New York apartment.

She had been looking forward to seeing Taylor all day, because she'd just returned from a holiday with her mum in Greece. 

When Karlie reached the red front door of Taylor's apartment, she pulled her spare key out of the black bag on her shoulder. She unlocked the door and crept inside, wanting to surprise Taylor.

The familiar smell of Taylor's chocolate chip cookies washed over her, causing a grin to spread across Karlie's face. She loved her grilfriend's cookies, especially the choc-chip kind.

She tiptoed through the hallway and into the kitchen. 

Taylor was standing at the kitchen bench pouring flour into her big mixing bowl, Karlie knew that this was her second batch as she could smell the first one in the oven.

Taylor was singing along to Carly Simon's You're So Vain, which was playing out of the kitchen stereo.

Karlie crept up behind her and squeezed her waist, tickling and surprising her at the same time.

Taylor squealed in surpise and dropped the bag of flour in her hands. It fell to the floor, covering both the girls shoes in a layer of dust.

"Karlie! Oh my god, don't do that! You scared me so bad!" 

"That's why I do it! You have the cutest reaction!" Karlie laughed, winking at Taylor.

"What about now? Still cute?" Taylor asked, before she picked up an egg and cracked it on top of Karlies silky hair.

"No, no, no. Taylor! Now I've got egg all through my hair!" Karlie groaned.

"Well luckily for you, it's good for your hair." Taylor giggled, while her girlfriend tried in vain to get the egg out of her hair.

"I am soooo gonna get you back for this, Taylor."

Karlie's eyes narrowed at Taylor. She reached across the bench and grabbed a bottle of milk, which she then poured all over her girlfriend, splattering her vintage dress with the creamy white liquid.

"KARLIE!" Taylor shrieked, "It's cold! Cold, cold, cold!"

Karlie threw her head back laughing and missed seeing Taylor reach for the egg carton. She began pelting her with eggs and Karlie, having finally recovered from her laughter, threw handfulls of sugar and flour back at her.

The two girls were now having a full-on food fight laughing and squealing when egg or milk would run down the back of their necks.

They ended up collapsed on top of each other, in a mess of ingredients, on the kitchen floor, still laughing at how stupid they looked covered in egg and flour.

"How are we ever going to clean up this mess?" Karlie sighed, lifting her head from where it rested on the other girl's lap.

"Who knows, Karls." Taylor giggled in reply. She stood up, pulling Karlie with her, and began trying to brush some of the flour off her dress. Her failed attempt at cleaning was interrupted by Karlie's arms snaking around her waist and lips pressing against Taylor's neck from behind.

"You're even beautiful when you're covered in flour." Karlie whispered against her neck.

Taylor blushed slightly at her words and sighed in comtentment when she began spreading kisses across her bare neck and shoulders.

"But I think you'd look even better if you weren't covered in anything." Karlie breathed as she turned Taylor around in her arms and pressed her lips against hers.

Taylor's hand went up to her girlfriends neck as Karlie lifted her up onto the kitchen bench, without breaking their kiss.

Both girls' heartbeats were racing as Karlie finally pulled back slightly, only to press her lips to Taylor neck again.

Taylor's fingernails ran up and down the other girls back before urgently pulling Karlie's mouth back to hers.

Once again, Karlie was the one to break the kiss, this time to whisper in the older girl's ear.

"Let's take this upstairs shall we?" 

Taylor locked her arms and legs around Karlie's strong body as she carried her upstairs to her bedroom, unzipping Taylor's dress as she went...