Chapter Nine

Ivan could feel his female prisoner's gaze on his back, penetrating deeper into his keen senses. He knew she was watching him from afar. And he was very much determined to show her his skills in battle. After all, he was just like the rest of the men who wanted to impress a lady. His lady. And since when did he start regarding the vampire captive as his lady? Since the day he accepted his fate and formulated his very own plan for vengeance.

The young elven lord who Ivan had a slight misunderstanding earlier, decided to seek his retaliation by joining Ivan and the rest of the warriors with their training. Only the mock duel seemed real enough when the elven lord sent his horse charging over him. And so, Ivan focused his attention on the battle at hand and brushed the thoughts about his female aside. He sent his horse running towards his foe, raised his sword to prepare to defend himself. Their swords met and Ivan held his weapon in a tight grip when his opponent placed too much force on his sword and was attempting to disarm the prince.

Ivan almost lost his head when his opponent suddenly slashed the sword, aiming for his neck. But he was able to duck and avoided getting beheaded. And when another swing of his foe's sword almost slashed his chest, Ivan decided this mock dual was a nuisance and he needed to put an end to it. Not to mention that all eyes were on him, expecting him to win in this mediocre battle with a young elf-lord. But the truth was he wanted his female to witness his prowess in battle; he wanted her to see he was strong enough to protect her. And later when he would visit her chambers, he wanted to see the admiration in her beautiful brown eyes.

And so, Ivan impatiently ended the duel by, again, knocking the young lord on his head and sending him sliding off his horse. The crowd cheered for him, but he was only interested in seeing his female's reaction. He reined his horse to turn about, and when he lifted his gaze to the high tower to where he knew the vampire princess stood, their gazes met and at that moment Ivan knew he already held the vampire's heart captive as well.

 He reined his horse to turn about, and when he lifted his gaze to the high tower to where he knew the vampire princess stood, their gazes met and at that moment Ivan knew he already held the vampire's heart captive as well

"Damn that was close!" Ana said loudly, as she rushed back inside her room. She did hope that the infuriatingly handsome elf did not see her ogling over his drool-worthy body. Oh! Now she'd been coining more positive words to his name. She had to get out of this place. Fast. Before she would start swooning over that—that... Oh and now she's running out of words to say! That elf really messed up her brains.

"Are you alright, Your Royal Highness?" Erien asked.

Ana almost forgot Erien was with her in the room. She sat on her bed and lifted her gaze to the elf. "I'm okay. Hey, Erien. I know that it's like a huge taboo or something if you'll call me by my name. But I would rather have you call me Ana instead. I mean if it was just the two of us. You calling me Your Royal Highness sounded so not me."

Erien gave her a hesitant look. "I will try. How about Princess Ana? Or Miss Ana?"

Ana shrugged. "Sure. Whatever."

"Would you like to have a bath, Princess Ana?" Erien offered.

Ana would really love a bath. The problem was she had no spare clothes to wear. So, she told that to Erien, which made Erien giggle since Erien was fond of giggling.