▪︎COME TOGETHER▪︎

Sorry for the break in writing, but my life is not leaving me alone.

If anyone else is a huge Skyrim fan, I have a alt. for Skyrim stuff, Helaara.

▪︎¤▪︎

Several pairs of eyes flew open in shock and fear, finding themselves stuck in a large room they did not recognize.

Oliver acted first, moving quickly to one corner of the room away from the crowded corner. Breathing heavily, he turned his attention to the group, eyes darting across the faces.

He nearly choked out a cry at the sight of his mother, as beautiful as ever, with golden hair a mess from lying on the ground for a while.

Next to her sat a woman he nearly didn't recognize. Her long, dark hair, so very unlike the rest of her family, fell just past her shoulders, and her dark eyes were just as cautious.

But it was still her. It was still his little sister.

The man helping them up was a stranger, a tall, dark-skinned stranger who looked at his mother with love in his eyes. It didn't take the world's greatest detective to piece together who he was to her.

A pained sigh escaped his lips as he gazed upon the Lances. Quentin looked older, worse for ware in every sense of the word.

Laurel barely had changed from the little photo still buried deep in his pocket, worn and faded now, but still her.

It sat against his heart next to his father's notebook, a clear reminder of what he was still living and fighting for.

Others didn't look familiar, but he could have sworn he recognized the dark-skinned, military-built man brushing himself off.

Behind the others, his eyes landed on two familiar faces. Tommy Merlyn was coming to slowly, confusion and fear darting across his face.

Next to him, his father was already up, gaze slowly focusing on Oliver. His passive mask slipped, revealing confusion and hints of something he wasn't expecting: fear.

Malcolm's eyes darted around the group, looking for someone in particular, and the tension is his shoulders released.

Whatever he was looking for, wasn't there.

Just next to the pair, another stranger struggled to stand up, blonde hair pulled behind her head and glasses crooked. She looked more fearful and flustered than cautious.

His gaze darted back to his mother and sister, and his shoulders tensed at a young man offering his hand to his sister.

The man was about her age with short, spiky brown hair and light blue eyes. His distinctly red hoodie stood out.

When Thea was helped by him, his eyes darted around the group as Oliver just had, and they caught each other in the act.

The kid's eyes widened in somewhat shock, shoulders as tense as Oliver's. His cautious gaze turned to one of confusion.

Oliver only gave him a curt nod in acknowledgement, and turned his attention elsewhere.

Now he let his emotions slide out of him as his gaze settled on familiar wiry black hair, turned away from him for the time being.