¤ Chapter 2 ¤

Craig sat alone on the swing set.
His boots would sink into the cold wet snow. He sat there with his hat in his hands. Craig Tucker was having many problems in school. His friends and even his parents were a big part of this issue. The words they used against him, the way they treated him. All because of a stupid rumor!
The sound of crunching snow filled his ears. He wanted to see who it was but already had a feeling of who it might be.
The swing next to him now occupied a small person.
Tweek Tweak.
The two sat in silence for acouple minutes. Craig was to finally break the silence

"What do You want?"

His voice was still and monotone

"I wanted t-to come and a-say sorry about everything...i mean the last time we delt with this was...third grade."

"Well if anyone sees us together it will only make the situation worse."

"I dont care Craig. You're my best friend. Who cares what others think?!"

Craig clenched his fists in frustration

"Just because youre a little fag doesnt mean that you can come here and patronize me!"

Tweek flinched and looked at Craig in shock

"C-craig..."

"Im sick of all this bullshit! Im not gay and I dont like you! I didnt know better in third grade! You're just a freak!"

Craig stood up and walked off in frustration and anger.
Tweek sat there silently. Tears threatened to spill from his eyes.
Finally he couldnt hold it back anymore.
He was heart broken.

Ω

That was the last time Tweek and Craig had ever spoken. The anger and frustration of that conversation was too much for the poor boys. Craig knew he was wrong for what he did but didnt have the guts to apologize.

Tweek sat alone on the floor by the door.
He'd wanted so badly to speak with Craig again after that, but thought itd be a horrible idea to walk up to him. It would be humiliating for the both of them.
He thought he'd never see his old friend again, or even have him save him from those human eating mutants!

The boys all sat in the dark living room quietly. The doors were now barracated with tables and other large objects. The Windows were covered in blankets so no light could be shown through. Mattresses now layed together on the ground with old candles on either side to light up the room. Craig had emptied out his bag and filled it with bottles of water and food cans.
Clyde was in charge of food inventory.
Token was in charge of maps and directions.
Tricia was in charge of stripe.
Craig was in charge of look out.
That left Tweek with weapons.
He was in charge of finding and improving everyones equipment.

"How d-do I do t-that?!"

He silently exclaimed as clyde shoved a wooden bat at Tweek.

"All you have to do is wrap it up with like barbed wire or hammer some nails into it"

Tweek rolled his eyes

"Am I-I just gonna pu-pull that o-out of my ass?!"

"Thats probably not the only thing shoved up there."

Token chuckled at his own joke

"Would you all just shut up! We don't need those things finding us! My dad has some shit in the basement. Token go check for supplies."

Tweek stayed silent in the situation. He knew Craig's friends didnt really like him much and didnt want to make anything worse.
Token looked at Craig with a raised eye brow before grabbing a candle and slowly walking down the steps. Clyde followed behind chuckling.

Now it was only Stripe, Tricia, Tweek, and Craig.
Craig sat all alone on the bottom of the steps. He stared down at his hands. While Tricia sat with Tweek and held Stripe gently.
It was quite.
The only noise was the echoing noises of screams from outside.
Tricia jumped at the sound of a gunshot from out side. She crawled over to Tweek and latched onto his torso.

"Its okay..." Tweek tried to reasure the small girl.
He was just a little confused on why she hadnt gone to her brother, but hadnt mind too much because if he was being honest to himself he was scared too.
Stripe rolled towards Craig in his ball

"Why not go to your brother Tricia..?"

The question was a little out of nowhere but he just had to ask.
She leaned up to his ear and cupped her mouth before whispering

"I found something in his room he didnt want me to find an now he's mad at me."
She pulled away and went back to hugging his torso.
Tweek looked over at Craig who was now staring wide eyed at Tweek and his sister. He couldn't help but smirk at the boys expression.
It was probably some sort of playboy or crackhead womens magazine.

Before they all knew it, it was Dawn. The group was tired. Tricia was already asleep on Tweek.
Craig got up and bent down infront of Tweek

"Want me to get her off..?"

Tweek shrugged having trouble even keeping his eyes open.
Craig went to go grab his sister gently. Tweek jumped a little as he felt Craig's cold hands skim his bare stomach.
"My bad." Craig grunted as he carried his sister over to the couch.

Token and clyde were already asleep on the mattresses. Craig blew out the candles as he walked back towards Tweek.
Tweek couldnt see but could feel Craig as he slid down infront of the door next to him. It was silent again. The smell of smoke and old candle filled the cold room.
Outside was quite. The cries had died down after another hour of a sleepless night with Craig.
It was quite for the whole hour.
Tweek knew that the two of them wouldnt talk with each other. At least not yet.

"I'm sorry..."

Tweek flinched as he looked over at Craig. He felt a warm hand grab his cold one  and squeeze it. Tweek was surprised by the sudden interaction.
He felt assured in some sort of way though now that he heard those two words He'd been waiting for.

"Im sorry too..."

Ω
I hope you enjoyed this filler chapter. I have big plans for this story. I really hope you guys enjoy. Im going to really try to keep up with this book everyday and im sorry in advance for slow updates.
Don't forget to vote comment and subscribe to my account for other books like these ❤
~AshBash