8

"Are you up to a serious discussion today?"

Ashton walked into the room, pulling a face as the smell hit him. The air-com most definitely hadn't worked. He pulled a chair up and smiled, moving a plate away. It wasn't empty, but he was satisfied.

"I don't know,"

"Well we need to have it,"

"I don't wanna join any of your stupid clubs or group therapy if that's what you're asking,"

"You have to go to group therapy anyway,"

"I don't wanna see any psychos,"

"If you call them that once more you're gonna get in trouble," he warned, raising his eyebrow. It was hypocritical considering she was here too.

But she didn't know. She didn't know what happened.

"Why? They don't know,"

"I need to talk to you, and it's nothing to be ashamed of,"

"I don't want to hear it,"

"But it can be upsetting news,"

"Fuck off,"

"I think you have depression," he said, catching the girl off guard. He had to be blunt.

"Huh?"

"You've not been happy round me, or your other therapists in the past. You have no motivation, you're irritable, your weight is low but has also increased, your sleep is disturbed... I could go on,"

"You're so wrong,"

She couldn't be. No way, in a million years, would she accept that.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of,"

"Don't tell my dad,"

"Freya, I hope you realise that pretty much everyone you share this building with, is sharing this situation,"

"I'm not depressed!" she shouted, "I can't be,"

"You wouldn't know, you've not been off drugs to know. Your alcohol and drugs may have even caused it which is why I desperately need you to talk,"

"I'm not,"

"I want to try some medication soon, you need to come with me to see a doctor,"

"Like this? People will see me,"

"They're in group therapy,"

"Which I'm not going to,"

He walked the girl down the corridor, to a new part of hospital. She looked round, noticing how it went from all white to a place with posters up for all kinds of clubs and help. A list of people to go and see, paintings- they tried to make it look normal.

"Yes you are,"

"He isn't,"

Ahead of the two , there was a boy crouched on the floor. His body shook while he sobbed, Ashton holding his hand out so the girl  stayed back.

He knew this kid, and what he was going through was rough. Meanwhile, the boy knew the girl and that what she was going through was rough.

She was just confused.

"Hey Luke, what are you doing down here?" Ashton asked kindly. He was Michael's patient, he always got the slower ones who needed much more attention. He'd only been here about few weeks.

"They took Calum,"

"Do you know why?"

He shook his head, looking up. His sad, blue eyes filled with tears as Ashton figured out what to say. It broke his heart.

"He tried some new medication but it didn't work too well, so he's just getting some rest,"

"I can't go into there without him,"

Luke was terrified of group therapy without his friend, so when Calum hadn't turned up he lost it. His stomach flipped, making him clench his fists.

"No?"

"No,"

"Ok then, why don't we go to Michael's office and I'll explain what's happening,"

"He will get angry,"

Freya didn't like the sound of Michael, and hoped she never had to meet him. However, she was more than interested about Luke and his friend Calum.

"You know Michael, he isn't gonna get angry. He's gonna help you understand what to do in these situations,"

"I know you," he said, pointing to me.

"It's not time to chat Luke," Ashton said firmly, helping him up.

"Freya, could you go straight ahead into the room at the end for me? Please,"

She nodded and walked there, getting away from him as quickly as possible.

She wasn't like them.

She couldn't be.