Chapter 27

"I may have fallen for you when you kissed my forehead."

"Y-you weren't asleep?," I gasped.

His smirk grew deeper but he didn't answer. Instead, he walked towards me.

I willed my legs to carry me backwards but honestly, by then, they had gone numb.

This night couldn't get any shocking for me.

So as I stood rooted to the sand, Jimin halted right in front of me, looking down at me.

Somehow, that made me queasy enough to look anywhere but his face.

But I jerked when his forehead landed on my shoulder.

What?

He was leaning over me with his head on my shoulder.

I froze some more.

"I'm so tired, Minji...," he mumbled and somewhere in between, I knew it wasn't just the physical exhaustion he was talking about.

"I know."

"Do you know how to drive?," he mumbled, his face still buried in my shoulder.

Okay, what-

He was jumping from topics and I couldn't keep up.

"What? Why?"

"My eyes are burning. I don't think I can drive back to Seoul."

And it was then that I realized we were on a beach. In Busan. Way to go, clueless asshat.

"No...," I said.

It was then that Jimin looked up and frowned. "Remind me to teach you how to drive when we go back home."

The way he said it... the way he familiarized me with home... it stirred something in me.

Was it because I never had someone want to build a home with me? Or the fact it was Jimin saying this?

I guess I'll never know.

"Are you comfortable sleeping in the car?," he asked suddenly.

My eyes went wide with shock. Yeah, not nearly done with shockers tonight.

Jeez, stop with the random topic changing!

He chuckled. "Motel, it is."

Holy-

"No! I'm fine with the car-," I quickly said, grabbing his shirt.

"Whatever you say, honey," he smirked and stalked away, leaving me in a daze.

I had goosebumps all over me which weren't from the breeze. Even though his words seemed fake to me... still, his voice and the aura...

I rubbed my face with both hands, trying to ease the tension.

Maybe all I needed was some rest. I'd stop getting paranoid over trivial things after a good sleep.

With that, I followed Jimin into his car.

"Where are you going?," Jimin called from the back seat.

"Well... I'll sleep in the passenger seat so you have more space."

"It's cold."

"I'll turn the heat up," I replied.

"I'll need a pillow," he protested.