Chapter 18

Eren's P.O.V.

The little angel sleeping in my arms was now soon to be my daughter. Levi sat beside me, adoption papers in hand as he whispered what the pages said.

"Levi, honey. I'm hungry, mama needs fooooood!!" I grumbled, making stupid faces as he looked at me and smiled just barely. He looked tired. I frowned when he sighed and set the papers aside, standing with a wince and a groan.

"Give me 5, I'll be back with food and coffee for you." Levi said, not looking back at me as I was about to protest. His face flashed in my mind, pale and sunken. He looked sad, empty. Was... was this my fault?

"Sweet princess." I mumbled, pressing a kiss to the sleeping girls forehead. I stood as well, popping my knees and my back, stretching my hands way above my head.

"Miss, could I ask you to watch my daughter really fast, I've got to take a call real quick." I asked a young woman who was sitting near us scrolling through her phone.

"Pardon? Oui, I can watch her." She replied in a thick french accent. I sighed and silently thanked her, walking towards the elevator and pulling out my phone. I dialed an old friend, hoping they'd answer.

"Hm? Whaddya want!" The person asked, shuffling heard in the background.

"I need your help." I replied quietly, walking quickly to the front doors.

"*sigh* who did you fight this time." They asked, jangling keys could be heard. 

I scoffed. "I didn't fight anyone. I just... I just feel lost." I whispered now, sinking down onto the concrete against the cold brick walls.

"What's going on?" They asked, and for a moment I didn't say anything.

"Eren? You still there, buddy?" They called.

"Yeah, I just. I just basically adopted a girl because her mom died and I cant bring myself to let her grow up alone in some group home or whatever they call it. But Levi is scared and so am I." I said, whining lowly in the back of my throat.

"Oh honey, that's okay. I'll take her in. She can study under me and become a wonderful healer." They offered. I held the adoption papers, mostly filled out. I heard the click of a lighter, then a low inhale and a pause. Then came the long exhale.

"Only if you promise not to smoke around her." I said. 

"She'll want to at some point." They defended, taking another slow inhale and exhale. 

"Not until she's 16 or shifted." I compromised.

"Deal." They responded.

"Eren?" I heard Levi call.

"I gotta go. I'll talk to you later." I said to my friend, hanging up the phone.

"Right here, love." I called from the floor. 

"The french girl told me you'd be out here." Levi said, sitting down with me.

"I can't do it." I whispered, my eyes welling with tears.

"Can't do what, baby?" He asked, looking at me with concern.

"Adopt that little girl. I was being impulsive and I want babies, but not yet. We barely met a few months ago, and I can't do it." I rushed, my voice whispering at the end.

"Baby, that's okay. I know how you feel. I want you to bear my children too, but just not yet. Neither of us are ready. It'll be okay." He responded, hugging me gently.

"I have a healer friend who could take her." I said after a minute.

"A healer? That sounds good." Levi said, rubbing my back.

"They'll be here soon." I said before I lost the nerve to tell him.

Not a second later they pulled up with a sleek all black BMW. My friend was tall and build like actual mountains, his hair was a messy comb-over and he was wearing his normal thousands of piercings and stretchers with his tattoos on his arms and chest partially on display. He had a scar running over his left eye and nose all the way down his lip, and the eye was left uncovered by his normal eyepatch. The milky eye moved as he scanned the hospital building.

"Where's the girl?" He asked in a gruff voice.

"Levi, this is my friend. His name is Kraken." I introduced.

"Hello." was all Levi said.

A/N: I DELETED THE SECOND LIKE HALF OF THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE I DIDN'T LIKE IT, SOME CHAPTERS MAY CHANGE OR SOMETHING IDK. SORRY IF YOU DONT LIKE THAT I CHANGED IT, I JUST COULDN'T GO WITH THE STORYLINE I MADE BEFORE. ILY ALL <3<3<3