The Message

Finally Lunch. I walk over to the usual table and look at my friends, "You guys won't believe the day I've had."

"Umm, Sorry but why are you sitting with us?" Kadie askes.

Pan glances at her then looks at me,"Yeah, and being so nice?"

"What do you mean?" I glance from Kadie, to Panda, to Reenu, and finally to Cleo's empty seat. "Why wouldn't I be nice?"

Kadie and Pan turn to look at Ree, "Are you ok?" She said "I mean your not normally this nice to us, and you normally sit with Max. I mean, you are the most popular girl in school."

"I'm not the most popular girl in school, I would never sit with Tanner, you guys are my friends, and everyone is acting like Cleo never existed!"

"Who's Cleo?" They asked in unison.

"Your Best Friend!" I shouted "And My Girlfriend!"

I sit down and don't talk for the rest of lunch. When I leave the cafeteria I don't look back, even when Max tries to say hi and wrap his arm around my shoulders.

When I get home I check my phone and see text from a unknown number.

Go 2 the old school playground

Cleo? I text back. I wait a few minutes and don't get a reply When?

The response comes a minute later 2night @ 7 I'm about to set down my phone when one more text pops up Come Alone.

Well that's cryptic. I walk downstairs and start my homework.

I look at my clock 6:45 The text said to go to the old school playground at 7 so I should leave in 5 minutes if I want to go. Should I go? What if it's not Cleo? I look at my clock again 6:50. It's now or never.

"Hello?" I call, creeping around the playground. Fog rolls in. This place is so creepy at night. "Cleo?"

"Ellie?" I turn around to see a figure shrouded in mist. "You remember me. Yo-you actually remember me!"