Shrek

"My name's Yu Yang, starting today I'm officially part of this hostel." The current occupants of the aforementioned hostel turn towards the entrance and see another new student. He had black hair and green and blue eyes and was wearing a black and white cheongsam.

"Welcome to the hostel, also you might wanna watch out." Before he could ask why he had to roll out of the way of a leg that came flying at him. As he came out of the roll he had to catch it and used the momentum to push her back. Resisting the urge to use his spirit essence he came at her but she nimbly dodged out of the way, this back and forth routine repeated for a bit with fast movements and he took an opening and aimed a kick at her throat but it was apparently a trap as she used her ponytail and wrapped it around his neck and kicked him in the chest sending him flying.

"That was fun, I admit defeat." Picking his bag up from where he dropped it before the fight began he picked a spot on the right side of the room next to the fireplace. As he watched the girl in the pink outfit with bunny ears push her bed next to the blue haired boy, Yang couldn't help but feel that this year would be an interesting one.

The next couple years were certainly interesting. After the three of them had embarrassed the group of bullies who liked throwing their money around the trio  had gotten closer. Now they were on their way to enroll in the nearby school as recommended by Tang San's teacher called Shrek Academy, a school of monsters, for monsters, by monsters. The school only accepts the best and no ordinary people.

With a slogan like that they didn't doubt that the school'd be unique but a place which looks like a run down, low budget campus which resembled a summer camp was not what they, or anyone else for that matter, were expecting in the slightest. The line halted as somebody up front was making a big deal about his son getting rejected.

"I demand a refund! My son was very exceptional in his old school."

"I've told you application fee at ten gold pieces are non refundable. Next!"

"That's highway robbery! That's way too expensive."

"Mu Bai!" The guy from yesterday appears from up in a tree and confronts the upset parent.

"If you want a refund, defeat me and you'll get a full refund." Without transforming he summoned his rings which thoroughly cowed the adult.

"I will repeat our school values. Shrek is a monster that is deemed weird even by spirit beasts standards. Shrke Academy is a monster academy! Remember! We only accept monsters, not ordinary people!" To further prove his point the old man stood up and summoned a staff and his six spirit rings signifying his rank as a Spirit Emperor.

"There are 4 tests in the entrance exam, those under 13 and above Level 21 don't have to apply."

"As if there will be anyone like that." The same angry parent from earlier snarkily says.

As if in response the three of us step up and placed our fee in the box. We each give the old man our hands so he can inspect the bone structure to verify our ages which he was satisfied with so then we summoned our spirit rings. Tang San and Xiao Wu both summoned two yellow rings but I had one yellow and two purple which shocked those watching except Dai Mubai since I fought with him the other day.

He let us through but then we turned back as he took a sharp intake of breath at who it was who stepped up next. I don't know why but there was something about her that seemed familiar.

"Does your family know your here?" He actually sounded frightened for a second, what was it about this girl that was such a big deal.

"It doesn't matter what they think. Do I count as a monster." After shaking his head for a second he lets her through.