three.

The morning following the very loud night, ends with me having a raging headache. My head spins, as my eyes slowing open to see the bright light coming in from my bedroom window. My brother got completely stoned the night before, leaving me basically dragging him home, and leaving Grace and Billie to fin for themselves there.

I realize that it's a school day, and instantly feel sick to my stomach for some unknown reason. I head down the stairs brushing my fingers through my hair and making sure my shorts are pulled down enough to cover my legs, instantly feeling self conscious. 

"You're up early," my mother sits at the island in the middle of the kitchen, bringing a steaming cup of coffee up to her lips. 

I glance to the clock on the stove, realizing that it had just turned 7. 

"Yeah I guess I am," I reply, shrugging my shoulders and heading to the fridge to scout for something to munch on before having to take a quick shower before school. 

"You and Sky do anything interesting last night," she questions from behind me, the tone in her voice indicating that she already knows what we were doing. 

"You didn't seem to be objecting last night when he was practically dragging me out the front door," I state, craning my neck backwards to see the expression on her face.

"I know, I wasn't going to get mad at you Nora," she says calming, raising from the bar stool and walking over to place the now empty bowl of cereal down in the sink, that I hadn't even realized she had till now.

"Then why ask when you already know," I raise a brow challenging her, which only causes her to chuckle under her breath and lean over to kiss the top of my head before heading towards the entry way of the kitchen.

"Because I'm your mom, that's what I do," she replies, leaving my eyesight.

I couldn't find anything to say, and honestly it's not like she would've heard it anyway.

***

"Nora," Grace yells once again, honestly it's kind of a routine at this point. I turn around briefly seeing her jog the couple of feet between us.

"Hey," I reply trying at least, what's the worst thing that could happen from attempting to be friends with someone.

"It sucks you had to leave the party so early last night, it was boring though so you didn't miss a lot," She smiles like usual, tagging along with me on the ten minute walk to school.

"It's fine...my brother made me come in the first place. You know wanting me to get out and socialize I guess," I explain, seeing as she just nods her head in understanding. We continue on just like that silent but comfortable, maybe this friendship won't be that bad.

***

"Hi," I sit down at my usual lunch spot, seeing as Billie and Grace were already there. 

Our eyes meet like always this time it feels different though, I can't quite put my finger on it just yet though.

"What's up," Billie replies, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips as I sit down.

"So Nora, did you hear," Grace asks leaning across the table, a huge smile planted on her face.

"Umm...no, what?" I let out a small laugh at her expression.

"I just heard from Lucy that Brandon likes you," she exclaims in excitement, my mind instantly freezes I feel panic-ed all of the sudden my eyes darting between Billie and Grace.

"What that makes no since, he's a stupid jock, and I don't even exist in their world," I state, feeling aggravated. It has to be a joke, there's no way.