Coupley Things

Miguel walked around the garden. His little one was skipping in front of him thankfully with his shoes on. One would think he would get tired of constantly having people around, especially kids who needed attention. But Miguel revelled in it, he thrived in it. Having grown up alone, having a family of this proportion meant a lot to him. Being a father to his beautiful and soulful Syrus means even more.

He breathed in the scent of the flowers and smiled as Syrus chased after a bird.

"He is not stopping Dad," said Syrus, pouting.

"He can't baby. He is a bird right, they need to fly," said Miguel.

"But I only want to play and be friends," said Syrus.

Miguel looked at his son and felt his eyes fill up. His son's innocence made him want to wrap up and hide him away.

Alexander who walked in hearing it placed an arm around Miguel who looked at him and beamed bravely through the tears, only to realise that the man's eyes were filled.

"Hey, what happened?" asked Miguel.

Alexander smiled.

"How did we bring up such a wonderful child?" asked Alexander.

Miguel smiled fondly.

"Dad are you crying," pouted Syrus.

Alexander and Miguel both looked at him.

"Father," exclaimed Syrus and ran closer.

"Are you crying?" asked Syrus.

Both parents smiled at that as Alexander bent down and picked up Syrus who wiped furiously at both of their eyes and peppered their faces with kisses.

Syrus then bent down and kissed on Miguel's tummy.

"Come out fast," he mumbled making both of the parents smile.

---------------

Enzo was always a cry baby. Andrew now has the courage to carry him around which was good because that means extra hands. Miguel smiled as he watched Alexander carry little Enzo. He looked awesome holding a kid and Enzo loves his uncle.

Jules looked at Mikhael who was looking at him.

"What?" asked Jules blushing at the look.

"When are we having one?" asked Mikhael.

Jules blushed redder and slapped the man in his shoulder.

Mikhael smirked.

"We heard it," snorted Sergio curling alongside Athen and Juan who were all laying on the bedding on floor where the kids play.

"For your sake, I hope you are practicing as usual with the team. If I hear one word-" started Alexander.

"I am! I promise. Ask mom," said Sergio pouting.

"I don't trust mom to not protect you," said Miguel.

Sergio scowled.

"Yeah, whatever, I will practice," said Sergio as he moved to give a piggy back ride for Syrus.

"Quick uncle Serg, I don't want Enzo to cry," said Syrus.

"Atleast, this is good exercise," said Miguel.

--------------------

Andrew was folding Enzo's clothes and keeping the room clean. Ezra was rocking him gently.

"Slept?" asked Andrew and Ezra nodded, a small smile on his face. They laid him down in the nursery. Usually, Andrew sleep in the couch on the nursery which made Ezra bring in a bed. Now though, with their son almost getting to be a year old, he hated seeing Andrew sleep alone, like he did not belong here.

Ezra has forgiven him long ago. He did not know how long it will take, but he wanted to do this with Andrew. Because, no matter what, he still loves Andrew. He was still in love with Andrew and he only falls deeper every day.

Andrew was about to lay down but Ezra looked at him and walked out. Andrew followed realising that he wanted to say something.

Andrew followed him out. Ezra was already in bed. He was laying on the left side and Andrew understood as Ezra lifted the comforter. He just looked at him and then climbed on the bed and slid in. Ezra switched off the light and then he felt a firm hand around his hip. Ezra let out a sob and pressed his face closer to Andrew's neck.

"Don't cry. You know, we have all the time in the world," said Andrew.

"I know. But I don't want to waste all the time we could have together. It's just so difficult," sobbed Ezra.

"I know, love. I am so sorry for making you feel this way. I promise, I will never hurt you, ever," said Andrew.

Ezra gave him a small smile.

"I know"

-----------------

Enzo was running around. Alexander caught him before he fell down. The child beamed at him.

Alexander gave him a peck on the forehead and let Andrew take him.

"The moment he see vegetables," said Andrew exasperated.

"I do remember you running. Ezra was a obedient child," said Alexander.

Andrew scowled and narrowed his eyes at the man before leaving making Ezra laugh.

"I am the best, aren't I?" smirked Ezra leaning onto Alexander who nodded.

Miguel and Syrus who were watching the whole thing unfold were laughing.

"I will go help Uncle Andre," said Syrus and rushed off. Sure enough, as Syrus fed Enzo carefully, the baby sat there, behaving well.

"My champion," smiled Andrew sighing.

----------------

Syrus was watching the Imperatore match live. Miguel sat on his side and the whole family was around. During half time all went off for snacks except Alexander.

He looked at Miguel who was watching the repeat of the good action till then. Alexander placed an arm around him and Miguel looked at him. The moment his eyes met Alexander's, he broke down.

"Hey, hey shhh, shhh, it's okay. Before you know it, you will be on field. You are the best," said Alexander.

"What if I can't play after this?" asked Miguel, finally voicing his biggest worry.

"You will and now you are going to take me up on the suggestion to get counselling. I totally understand that you miss the game and we need help to cope with it," said Alexander.

"We need help? Are you tired of me already? " teased Miguel.

Alexander rolled his eyes.

"You know what I meant. The fact that you are hurting so much is getting to me too. I worry," said Alexander.

Miguel looked at him.

"I don't regret our baby," said Miguel.

Alexander gave him a soft smile.

"I know," he said.

They sat there for some time.