Chapter 1: Inheritances and The Truth

Harry Potter was sitting in his room in the Dursley's home at 4 Privet Drive. He was sitting on the sill of his window, staring out of it silently. He wasn't sure what he was looking for. Maybe an escape. At first, when the summer had first started he was looking out for letters from his friends. After not receiving any for a week he had decided to give up hope.

Harry had known that his wizard "family" hadn't truly cared about him for a while. He had just hoped he would have been wrong. He wasn't. The Weasleys had began to distance themselves from him for a while now. Even Ron had stopped talking to him halfway through last school year.

He would think that after losing his Godfather, everyone would be rushing to comfort him. But there was no one. Just himself, locked away in his room. And to make it worse, in just a matter of one minute it would be his 16th birthday.

Harry sighed as he turned his head to look at the clock on his desk. Just a few more seconds.

Click. And the time read 12:00am. Harry sighed as he turned to look back out his window.

"Happy birthday to me," he whispered. His eyes widened at the sound of a pop. He quickly turned his head to see a small house elf standing in his bedroom.

"Hello, Master Potter. Cora has brought Master Potter a letter from Gringotts, sir. With orders to bring you back after you've read it, Sir," the house elf held the letter out to Harry, who instantly hopped from his windowsill and walked over to her.

"Thank you, Cora," he said as he took the letter. He noticed the Gringotts seal, taking note that this letter really was from the wizarding bank. He opened it silently and walked over to his small bed. He took a seat and he pulled the letter from the envelope. He read the words silently.

Dear Mr. Harry Potter,

It has come to the attention of Gringotts bank that you have reached the age of 16 years old, and therefore have reached your magical inheritance. Please come to Gringotts at your earlier connivence to see your official Birth Certificate. Heir/Lordships, and Living/Dead relatives. We also must talk about your vault in the bank as Albus Dumbledore has been retrieving money from it as of late, and we have a feeling that you knew nothing of it. Attached to this letter is a Portkey that will transfer you directly outside of Gringotts. We hope to see you soon, Mr. Potter.

Griphook, of Gringotts Bank.

Harry was surprised at the letter. He hadn't ever heard of a magical inheritance. He found himself growing angry with Dumbledore. How could he keep something like this from him? And to top it off, he was taking money from his vault without his permission.

Harry wanted to get to the bottom of all of this. He opened the envelope even wider, and found that there was a galleon within it. He quickly pulled it out and let out a gasp as he felt the power. He closed his eyes tightly.

He let out a grunt as he landed on what felt like hard cement pavement. He opened his eyes, trying to get over the sickness he felt in his stomach. He rolled over onto his hands and knees and tried not to throw up. He slowly lifted his head to see that he was indeed outside of Gringotts. He slowly rose to his feet and dusted his knees off.

Harry looked around Diagon Alley, and he noticed all eyes on him as usual. It took everything in him not roll his eyes as he walked into the wizarding bank. He made his way towards the main desk, clearing his throat as he looked up at the Goblin on the podium.

"Excuse me. I received this letter earlier telling me to come here as soon as possible," he said as he set the letter down on the desk, looking at the Goblin who wore a pair of glasses on his long crooked nose.