Chapter 1 Kagome Reborn

Cover done by: ladyarchangel74

Naraku had been defeated but at a heavy price. Even with the combined strength of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha they still couldn't kill Naraku, so Kagome did the only thing she could do. She let Naraku absorb her, once he absorbed her Kagome used every ounce of her spiritual power to purify him from the inside out. Naraku screamed as his body exploded from the blast of pure spiritual energy. When it was over, Inuyasha and the others found Kagome lying in the middle of the battlefield, barely clinging to life.

He fell to his knees next to her, "Kagome how could you do that?"

Kagome cracked her eyes open, "It, it was the only way Inu- Inuyasha. Now you all will be able to live in peace."

"But without you," Inuyasha said as tears gather in his eyes.

"It's okay, Inuyasha, better my life that all of yours. If you can still cross over into my world tell my family I'm sorry. Sesshomaru?"

"What is it, Miko?"

"Take care of Shippou for me, and try to get along with your brother."

"You have my word, Miko."

"Sango, Miroku, have a wonderful life together, I love you all."

"We love you too, Kagome."

With those final words, Kagome took her last breath and passed away.

"Bring her back, Sesshomaru, bring her back."

"You know as well as I, Inuyasha that the sword can only be used once, I am sorry."

Inuyasha slumped to the ground and cried, he suddenly looked up and saw lying in the grass the Shikon Jewel. Inuyasha scrambled to his feet and lunged for the Jewel.

"Inuyasha, what are you doing," Miroku asked.

"I'm going to wish Kagome back to life."

"You can't, you have to make an unselfish wish to destroy the Jewel."

"I know that. I wish that Kagome was born again in a different place and had never known anything about us or the Shikon Jewel and if there are any consequences let me suffer them."

The Shikon Jewel lifted off of Inuyasha's hand and began to glow brightly, Kagome's body was engulfed in the light then it disappeared. Suddenly the Jewel disappeared.

"What happened?" Sango asked

"I think it worked, Kagome is free of the Jewel," Miroku answered.

Inuyasha sighed and looked up at the sky, "Good luck, Kagome wherever you are."

In another time in another place. A baby is being born to Aistarë. Her husband Hastion, second in command of the Dúnedain, insists on being there for the birth of his first born child.

The midwife protests, "My lord, it is not proper for a man to be present at the birth of a child."

"Damn what is proper, I shall not leave my wife and child."

After a few hours of hard labor and a few curses, a beautiful baby girl with raven black hair and bright blue eyes is born into the world. Hastion is ecstatic to have a daughter. He kisses his wife's temple and thanks her for this marvelous gift. Aistarë sighs as she watches Hastion hold his daughter and fall hopelessly in love with her.

Hastion hands his daughter back to his wife so that she may nurse her, "What shall we name her, my love."

"Kagome."