The witch's fiery death

“You’re truly cold-blooded ah!” Shang Wuxin was looking at the man sitting across, her face expressionless as he spoke. Even when she was betrayed, she still didn’t reveal a distressed expression. But n.o.body knew that within her sleeves both hands had gotten white.

A handsome man with peach blossom eyes was sitting directly opposite Shang Wuxin. A momentary sadness flashed within his eyes, but it was quickly covered up by a strong desire. Wasn’t it for this day that he had concealed himself, hiding by Shang Wuxin’s side for so many years? So long as he killed this woman, he would experience a meteoric rise in his career from now on. He could even rise in the ranks and become the new chief of the police department, in charge of the entire A city.

“Shang Wuxin, you witch!” The man looked resentfully at the woman he had poisoned himself, and laughed as he said, “Did you know? My parents were killed by you. For so many years I’ve always wanted to kill you, did you know? Staying by your side was so disgusting. I absolutely don’t love you!”

Sitting on the scarlet sofa, Shang Wuxin, dressed in red, was looking at this man, whom she had genuinely liked. Her heart was grieving. In front of her was a man who had given her poison hoping to kill her. He was called Du Xingfeng, her secret boyfriend. Why secret? Because she had made too many enemies, she was afraid that someone would hurt her man. That’s why she had intentionally kept many fake lovers around, all in order to protect Du Xingfeng.

“He he he…” Shang Wuxin laughed out loud, a beautiful sound that could make people s.h.i.+ver all over. She laughed for a long time, before slowly letting her gaze return to the man sitting across. Shang Wuxin shakily stood up and walked to his front. The man tensed for a brief moment, but thinking of the highly toxic poison already inside Shang Wuxin, it would be impossible for her to kill him. He remained motionless as he looked at the demoness, whom everyone feared, dying in front of him.

Shang Wuxin gently caressed that pair of peach blossom eyes of Du Xingfeng. She had to admit, whether it was Du Xingfeng’s appearance or his fake personality, both were to her liking. That was why she had disregarded his dangerous ident.i.ty to keep him by her side.

“You’re certainly their son ah. You could actually conceal yourself by my side for so many years, and almost made me believe you really loved me!” Shang Wuxin laughed tenderly, as she stroked from the man’s eyes down to the bridge of his nose. “Really let me down ah. It’s hard for me to become fond of a man, and it turned out like this!”

Regarding this man, it wasn’t love at first sight for Shang Wuxin, she had only recently started to appreciate him. Her heart was still very guarded against him, but the two of them were attached to each other for ten years, from 17 till 27 years old now. In the beginning, she had been extremely cautious of him and had always pushed him away, but she had slowly relaxed afterward, not carrying a weapon around him, and no longer privately inspecting the food whenever she ate with him. But because of this trust, she had suffered such a significant blow now.

“You witch, you’ve had a strong guard around your heart from such a young age, how else would I be able to kill you!” Du Xingfeng was looking at the woman, who had been stunning at 17 and still uncommonly beautiful at 27. Undeniably, his heart truly had been moved by Shang Wuxin, it was very hard for a man not to be tempted by such a woman. Not to mention how well she had treated him for so long. Too bad, they were born to be enemies. Whether it was his parents’ enmity, or her criminal world versus his law-abiding ident.i.ty, there shouldn’t have been love between them.

Shang Wuxin didn’t seem the least bit saddened. Even with the highly toxic poison inside her, she still had an indifferent and serene expression. Her fingers slid down the bridge of his nose, arriving at his thin lips, then she kissed him the same way she had always done. The only difference was this man’s lack of earnest response, and the absence of pleasure within Shang Wuxin.