I'll Be Missing You

HUNTER POV

After Austin passed out, Brandon brought him to his room. When Brandon picked Austin up, I had this weird sense of jealousy. I didn't know why I would ever be jealous. After all, I was Hunter, and Austin and Brandon had been like that since the beginning, so why would I start becoming jealous now of all times?

I guessed that the whole change was messing with our heads. It was kind of odd to just wake up a different gender; a woman no less. It was different, but I was kind of okay with it. It was almost like it was natural for me, if that made any sense.

When Brandon returned, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hazel?" A female voice asked.

"Yes?" I asked.

"It's Penelope. Where are you girls? You're supposed to be at sound check right now. You're getting ready for your Aftermath Tour, you need to be here!" The voice, Penelope, I presumed, yelled.

"Okay. We're running late. Um, be there soon!" I rushed out before hanging up.

All the boys gave me a 'what the hell' look.

"I think that was Pat, but the girl version of him. We have a sound check. C'mon." I said while walking out the door.

❌ ❌ ❌

We all got there at the stadium only ten minutes later, luckily knowing the exact place to go. We rushed through the door and saw a woman with brown hair and grey eyes approach them. That must be Penelope, I thought.

"Alright, girls, we are running behind schedule, so let's start with Fireproof." Penelope pushed them on the rocking stage. Eric sat backstage, watching us through the flat screen in our dressing room.

Brandon started to sing and I could swear that I died from his beautiful, angelic voice. Whoa, wait. Did I just call Brandon's voice angelic? What the hell was going on with me?

"I think I'm gonna lose my mind, something deep inside me I can't give up, I think I'm gonna lose mind, I roll and I roll till I'm out of luck, yeah, I roll and I roll till I'm out of luck." Brandon sang.

I started my solo.

"I'm feeling something deep inside, hotter than a jet stream burning up, I'm feeling something deep inside, it's taking, it's taking all I got, yeah it's taking, it's taking all I got."

Then Jonathan sang his falsetto.

"Cause nobody knows you baby, the way I do, and nobody loves you baby, the way I do, it's been so long, it's been so long, maybe you were fireproof, cause nobody saves me baby, the way you do."

Austin began to sing as well.

"I think I'm gonna win this time, riding on the wind and I won't give up, I think I'm gonna win this time, I roll and I roll till I change my luck, yeah I roll and I roll till I change my luck."

After we had finished the last two choruses, we began to sing You & I.

"I figured it out, I figured it out from black and white, seconds and hours, maybe they had to take some time."

"I see what it's like, I see what it's like for day and night, never together, cause they see things in a different light, like us, but they never tried like us."

"You & I, we don't wanna be like them, we can make it till the end, nothing can come between, You & I, not even the gods above, could separate the two of us..."

"Cause you & I!"

"You & I, we can make it if we try, You & I, oh, you & I, You & I."

They continued and ended with History.

After rehearsals were finished, I headed to the shower. Doing all that jumping around and shit did really make you sweat. Before I could get there though, Jonathan pulled me back.

"Hunt, are you alright? You seemed distracted." He commented.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just still a bit freaked out with the gender swap thing." I lied. Jonathan seemed to believe me and nodded.

I hated lying and most especially to Jonathan. We were like brothers and I couldn't stand lying to him, but I didn't know what was wrong with me. I was jealous of Austin holding onto Brandon, I thought that he sounded like an angel at sound check and I'd be the first to admit that Brandon looked very hot.

What the hell? Was I turning gay or something? It just didn't make sense. One minute I thought of Brandon as my best friend and now I thought that he was sexy--wait, I said he was hot, not sexy, but he was sexy. Oh my God, I was attracted to my band mate, my best friend.

I, Hunter Newbury, was attracted to Brandon Sargent.