Chapter 22

Gerard's pov

I took Frank to the vet in the morning. They said that he was perfectly fine. He did have to loose a pound or two but I wasn't worried about that. His fur probably weighed ten pounds on its own. Frank was such a good boy at the vet I made him some eggs and put them in his food bowl when we got home.

My body and and mind were so tired from the time I spent with Bert that once Frank and I were home I laid on the couch and dozed off every few moments. My head kinda hurt and my eyes were dry. Frank laid with me, keeping me warm. I ran my hands through his fur, smiling down at him sleepily.

"Hey, bud... I'm sorry you had to be out there all alone while I was away." I said softly, smiling as Frank licked the back of my hand. "Such a good boy. We'll go to the park later and you can run around all you want."

I ended up falling asleep, taking an hour nap that had me feeling a little better. Frank laid with me the whole time and once I woke up I let him outside so he could go to the bathroom. I also gave him some treats and I ate a small lunch before pulling my shoes and jacket on. Frank wagged his tail excitedly, bouncing around as I got his harness on and let him lead me outside and to the sidewalk.

We began making our way to the park. My head feeling clear as I watched the wildlife around us. Some birds, a few rabbits, even a pair of swan were swimming in the little pond at the entrance of the park. Frank wagged his tail when he saw them but he didn't try to chance them. I patted his head in praise for being good and led him to where dogs were allowed to free roam. There was a larger pond with ducks and other birds. I took Frank's harness off of him and sat down on a dry patch of grass, enjoying the sun and nice day.

Frank room off running around the area, barking at some birds and he ran through some bushes. His tail wagging excitedly as he explored, peeing on some trees and plants. I laughed at how happy he was. It made me happy knowing he was happy. He had lots of fun running and jumping around. He even found a stick that I threw and he went to go get it. We played fetch for awhile until my arm started to hurt from throwing the stick so much. Frank seemed to be slowing down too, panting as he drank from the little stream near by. Water dripping from his muzzle as he shook his head and stretched his side.

"Frankie, how about you sit down for a bit?" I said, wanting him to cool off a little before he played more. I moved to sit under a tree, making sure we it was in the shade. Frank trotted over to me, laying down in the grass next to me, rolling onto his back with his big paws in the air. I rubbed his belly, smiling as his tongue hung out of his mouth. "You're such a dork."

Frank barked, wiggling in the grass so he was closed to me. I smiled, laying back as I stared up at the tree's leaves, the sun making the green leaves seem like they were glowing.

"It's really nice out today..." I mumbled, petting Frank's side. I sat up and stared at Frank, those big eyes reminding of that man that said that he was Frank. I sighed, shaking my head as I had a stupid idea. "Frank... were you actually made in a lab?" I asked softly.

Frank sat up as well, staring into my eyes so intensely I shrunk back. He didn't move for a moment, looking away like he was thinking it over. I never saw him be like this before and it was making me nervous.

"Frankie... I promise I won't freak out, okay?" I promised, feeling my heart beat faster. He didn't look at for awhile. I moved so I was fully facing him now, looking for any signs of him saying yes or anything remotely close.

It was a good ten minutes, it felt like hours and when he finally moved again he just laid down and wagged his tail when he saw some birds close by. I sighed, knowing I was dumb for thinking that Frank was actually a person too. He's just a dog, well, he's my best friend, not just a dog.

"Wanna play?" I asked, ruffling his ears making him wag his tail and bark.

I got up ran behind the tree, looking at him from behind it. He jumped up, running after me. I laughed, running around the tree and when he tapped me with his nose he began to run away so I chased after him. I laughed and Frank barked happily.
~~~~~

When we got home it was getting pretty late. I fed Frank dinner and I made myself a sandwich because I was lazy and didn't feel like cooking. I did give Frank more treats though, smiling as he at his food and watched me make my food for myself.

Once I made my sandwich I sat down on the couch, a few moments later Frank joined me. I turned the tv on, watching Netflix because there wasn't anything else to watch on cable. The show I was watching was actually pretty funny and made me laugh a few times. Frank wagged his tail when I laughed and it made me smile because that was so sweet of him to get excited when I laughed.

"Such a good boy." I said, petting him as I ate my dinner, setting my empty plate on the coffee table. Frank rested his head on my lap, licking my hand. "If you are human I'm sorry I freaked out... I was just scared." I said softly, running my hand over his head. Frank stared up at me and I sighed, knowing I was just making a fool out of myself. "I love you, Frankie." I hugged him, smiling at how cuddly he was before I got up and went to my room. Frank followed close behind, hopping onto my bed. I got changed into my pajamas before getting into bed and falling asleep hugging Frank.

||-//
Not edited

Yyeee yeee, I'm back