Yellowstone erupts

[based on the scenario above, made for Frokkie21, PekH0E-Pekoyama]

(Saturday, March 12th, 2022; 7:42 AM, Mountain time. somewhere in south eastern Idaho)

it was another ordinary saturday, just like the last one, and the one before that. you forgot to turn your alarm off last night and it suddenly went off at 6:30. you groaned, turning off your alarm and drifting off into a light sleep.

suddenly, from the TV in the other room, you heard a sound that you werent expecting to wake up to.

BEEEEEEEEP... BEEEEEEEEP... BEEEEEEEEP...

you realized immedietly that that was, in fact, the emergency alert system. you quickly got up and ran to the source of the noise, expecting to see the monthly test. instead, you saw something that you only saw in the EAS scenarios that you always watched.

EARTHQUAKE WARNING FOR YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK.

suddenly, that all too farmiliar robotic voice echoed throughout the room.

"THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE HAS BEEN TRANSMITTED BY THE UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY. AT 7:42 AM MOUNTAIN DAYLIGHT TIME, AN EARTHQUAKE WITH A MAGNITUDE OF 9.2 ON THE RITCHER SCALE HAS OCCURED AT YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK IN WYOMING. THIS QUAKE WAS CENTERED ALONG THE MOUTH OF THE THE YELLOWSTONE RIVER. THIS EARTHQUAKE HAS POSSIBLY TRIGGERED THE YELLOWSTONE SUPERVOLCANO TO ERUPT, BUT AN ERUPTION CANNOT BE CONFIRMED AT THIS TIME. ALL RESIDENTS WITHIN THE 50 MILE RADIUS OF YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK HAVE BEEN ORDERED TO SHELTER IN PLACE. STAY AWAY FROM THIS AREA."

you stood there, shocked. thise 10 words echoed around your head for the longest time.

This earthquake has possibly triggered the yellowstone supervolcano to erupt...

for the next 30 minutes, you watched the news, trying to get as much info about the situation as you could. while the news anchor, Poppy Harlow, was interviewing a geoligest, the EAS came back on.

"THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE HAS BEEN TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGMENT AGENCY. A VOLCANO WATCH HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE ENTIRE PACIFIC AND MOUNTAIN TIME ZONES OF THE UNITED STATES DUE TO THE POTENTIAL OF THE YELLOWSTONE SUPERVOLCANO AT YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK IN WYOMING ERUPTING IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. THIS IS A RESULT OF A LARGE 9.2 EARTHQUAKE THAT STRUCK THE MOUTH OF THE YELLOWSTONE RIVER EARLIER. A VOLCANO WATCH MEANS THAT A VOLCANO ERUPTION IS NOT NESSESARILY LIKELY, BUT CANNOT BE RULED OUT WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. ALL RESIDENTS RECIVING THIS BROADCAST ARE ADVISED TO PREPARE TO EVACUATE IF AN ERUPTION IS IMMINANT. PREPARE SUPPLIES SUCH AS FOOD, WATER, CLOTHING, MEDICAL SUPPLIES, AND A BATTERY POWERED RADIO. REMAIN VIGILENT AT THIS TIME. TUNE INTO LOCAL MEDIA OUTLETS FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THIS DEVELOPING SITUATION."

you started panicing, you quickly did as the EAS stated and quickly gathered food, water, clothing, and medical supplies, but you couldnt find a radio anywhere. you decided to just use the radio in your car if you had to leave.

5 days pass without any more interuptions from the EAS. Local and national news were focused on the earthquake and the volcano watch that was issued 30 minutes after. during that time, you stocked up on vital supplies and had prematurely put your photo albums, yearbooks, and other irreplacable things in your car. you were watching the news when suddenly, you started hearing air raid sirens outside. then, the EAS came on.

"THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGMENT AGENCY. A VOLCANO WARNING HAS BEEN USSUED TO ALL AREAS WITHIN A 500 MILE RADIUS OF YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK DUE TO A CATASTROPHIC ERUPTION OF THE YELLOWSTONE SUPERVOLCANO BEING LIKELY IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. A LARGE ASH CLOUD WILL SPREAD HUNDREDS OF MILES FROM THE ERUPTION, DESTROYING THE AREA AND WILL BE COVERED WITH ASH. A VOLCANO WARNING MEANS THAT A VOLCANO ERUPTION IS IMMINANT. ALL RESIDENTS RECIEVING THIS BROADCAST ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO EVACUATE IMMEDIETLY. GRAB ALL OF THE PEOPLE IN YOUR HOME, GRAB FOOD, WATER, CLOTHING, MEDICAL SUPPLIES, AND A BATTERY POWERED RADIO FOR YOUR JOURNEY. DO NOT PICK UP ANY RELATIVES FROM SCHOOLS, HOSPITALS, OR NURSING HOMES. THESE FACILITIES HAVE THEIR OWN EVACUATION PROCEDURES, AND WILL BE SAFE. TUNE INTO LOCAL MEDIA OUTLETS FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THIS DANGEROUS SITUATION."

you immedietly ran to your prepacked car, along with many other people from your apartment complex, and immedietly started driving in the same direction as everyone else. no matter where you went, you could still hear those damn sirens. You became terrified when you noticed what was up ahead, Traffic. you tried to get off of one of the exits but it was too late. your car was surrounded by other terrified people just trying to evacuate.

up ahead, there was a multi car pile up blocking the entire highway. and behind you, another accident had occured.

you were trapped.

but when you looked in the mirror on the side of the car, your face turned white. a massive ashcloud started to rise from what you could only assume to be yellowstone national park. you only started evacuating 30 minutes ago. the EAS came on once again.

"WE INTERUPT OUR REGULAR PROGRAMMING, THIS IS A NATIONAL EMERGENCY, IMPORTANT DETAILS WILL FOLLOW.

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. THIS IS NOT A TEST, I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A TEST. AT 10:07 AM MOUNTAIN DAYLIGHT TIME, THE YELLOWSTONE SUPERVOLCANO HAS ERUPTED, SENDING AN ASH CLOUD MORE THAN 10 KILOMETERS INTO THE ATMOSPHERE. THIS ASHCLOUD HAS ALREADY DESTROYED EVERYTHING WITHIN THE 10 MILE RADIUS OF YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK AND IS EXPECTED TO DESTROY EVERYTHING WITHIN THE 500 MILE RADIUS WITHIN THE NEXT 30 MINUTES. IF YOU ARE HEARING THIS MESSAGE, IT IS TOO LATE TO EVACUATE, I REPEAT, IT IS TOO LATE TO EVACUATE. YOU WILL FACE CERTAIN DEATH WITHIN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES. GATHER WITH FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND OBJECTS THAT BRING YOU COMFORT AND WAIT FOR THE END. PRAY TO YOUR HIGHER BEING OR BEINGS IF YOU HAVE ANY. THIS IS THE EAS GUY, TOM, SIGNING OFF ONE LAST TIME. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON OUR SOULS."

people in other cars started crying, some left their cars to hug other people, others got out of their cars and started running away, but you? you got out of your car and turned around and look at the thing that was about to kill you, The ashcloud looked much bigger than it was before but you knew that was because it was getting closer.

ash started raining down on you and everyone else slowly, people started screaming and running away and that made you want to run away eith them too. as you ran, you saw other people fall and get trampled on, crying babies that had fallen out of their mothers arms, people coughing on the ground, and a few teenagers standing on top of cars T posing to asert their dominance to the ashcloud.

as time went on, the falling ash got thicker, more people were coughing, dying, and T posing. you soon found yourself coughing violently despite having your face covered with a shirt. you eventually collapsed next to about a dozen people under the same circumstances as you. your legs started getting buried and by the time you stopped coughing, it was too late, you couldnt move your legs under all of the ash. you quickly started going through another persons pocket to find something and luckily for you, it was there.

(UNWANTED SUICIDE WARNING)

a pocket knife.

you didnt want to suffocate and die very painfully so you just took the knife and stabbed yourself in the throat, you died instantly.