Chapter 11: Warriors

You know how when you're about to die, your life flashes before your eyes?

Something like that happened to me.

I was standing in the middle of that street, right there, staring at my mother. Her lips were moving, but no sound came out. In fact, no sound at all came out! Everything seemed to be sluggish and slow as well.

"What's... what's going on?"

"Gabriela." A soft voice echoed. I whirled around and met a glowing face!

"WHOA!"

"Easy, hush. I shall not harm you, child." The figure patted my cheek gently.

".... What... what are you?"

"Consider me something of a friend. A very dear one."

All of a sudden, my leg began to throb. "Owwwwwh! It hurts!" I whined.

"I'm terribly sorry about that." She said. "And for burning your hands."

"My... wait." What had burnt my hands before? Nothing, no one except-

"Holy-!"

"AllSpark." The girl finished with a smile.

"... You're the AllSpark?"

"In a way. I am all that is left. This final piece of my once great power has been shattered to near extinction. But you were chosen to bring me back, to ensure my survival." She took my hands. "Gabby, you are not only the Keeper of the AllSpark... you are the Allspark."

"... C-come again?" I stammered in disbelief.

"Indeed, your power will be many times less than what mine used to be, but to ensure my survival, I had to adapt to your unique, flesh body. I will protect you, as you protected me. There is only one thing I ask of you."

"And... and that is?"

"Survive. I will heal your injuries, but you must help my race survive... and protect them from the ones who stole me."

"I-I don't get it. T-that last part I mean."

"Someday, you will." She placed her hands on my shoulders. "I believe in you, Gabby. You will become both a friend and an enemy of these 'monsters', as you once called them. Your family will forever be endangered by you... it's your choice to let me stay, or fade away into oblivion."

I swallowed hard. Risk my family, or risk the AllSpark?

".... You said you believed in me. Why?"

She smiled and took my hand, and before I knew it, I was being shown a whole other battle in another city...

"What is this?"

"This was the first battle on earth, many years ago. It was dubbed as, 'the Battle of Mission City', when the Autobots first arrived. Over my possesion. I chose one before you, a young boy named Sam Witwicky to be my savior. He proved himself that, even though he was deeply flawed, he held the heart of a true hero. My light that day though... I was sacrificed to keep Megatron at bay. Only two pieces of me remained." She waved her hand and I could see two shards.

"One was kept under government protection, and the other was found by Sam. I uploaded myself into his brain to protect myself, but it was only temeporary, since pieces of me still existed. And I used myself yet again to help in the Battle in Egypt. Afterwards, all I had left was that compass. That was when the Battle of Chicago occured, and I could do nothing. But... I sensed you that day. Alone, scared, hurt, but not beaten. Not broken just yet. You could have easily died that night, but you refused to die, on your mother's wish. You still refuse to give in, and that is why I trust in you. Your will makes you strong, if not outwardly, then inwardly."