Dawn Rises in Baruoki, 300 AD

"I hate to shatter your self-deception, but our forces are on the move." A voice called out as the Mayor and Kaede turned around. Two beasts appeared in their house, Kaede screamed a bit in shock as she backed away. 

   "Beastfolk!? What are you doing here?" The Mayor yelled out in a panic. The Beast King looked down at the Mayor. "Seems like my name has spread to small villages like this one." The Mayor started sweating, "What? You're... the Beast King!?" The Mayor started to take a breathe out to calm down. "Well, what is it, 'Your majesty,' why do you barge into my house like this?" 

   "Don't flatter yourself, old man. I'm here for the girl standing next to you." Kaede started backing off more, "What... do you want with me!?" The Mayor started moving himself in front of Kaede defensively. "Mister, I don't know what you want wi-" The Beast King looked at Vares and interrupted the Mayor, "You're beginning to bore me. Vares, if you will."

   "Get away you fiends!" The Mayor started to back away with Kaede. Vares reached his hand out to Kaede.

<Back to Shuichi...>

   Shuichi stared at the tear as it closed, "Gallery of Dreams... It fits rather well with the place..." Varuo meowed as a response. "It certainly felt like something out of a dream... Almost like I walked into a different world..." Shuichi said his thoughts out rather softly.

   "Come, Varuo, it's time to head home." He moved his eyes to the cat who is licking himself. "Today's a special day, I can't even believe it's been 16 years. Kaede said that she's cooking an extra special meal for today." The cat meowed happily.

   The two headed home only to see the Mayor on the floor. "Grandpa!? What happened here!?" The Mayor turned his head to Shuichi, "The beastfolk... They took your sister..." Shuichi took a breathe out, "Take a rest, Grandpa. I'll try to get her back." Just like that Shuichi rushed out the house.

   As he continued running, he saw the two beasts. "Stop right there!" Shuichi yelled at them, causing them to stop on their tracks. "And who might you be?" The Beast King asked as he saw Shuichi. "You creep, I'm her brother!" The Beast King sighed in annoyance. "Shuichi, was it? Sorry but I'll be burrowing your sister for a while. I need her power to eliminate all of humanity."

   "That's impossible that Kaede has that sort of power! I know because I've been her brother!" Shuichi refuted. "You seem to value your life so little." The Beast King started walking towards Shuichi. He looked down at him, "It's time for you all to learn true suffering." He pulled out a sword, "Step forward, I hope you have something to back up yourself" Shuichi started to pull out his sword.

   He slashed the Beast King but there wasn't a scratch on him. Shuichi slashed his sword again in desperation. "You do not know how to use a sword! This is how you truly use one!" He slashed his sword at Shuichi, causing him to fall to the ground. The Beast King walked over to him and was ready to stab Shuichi to his death. Shuichi glared at him, the ground started to rumble. 

   The Beast King started to look around the place, "What's going on...?" The sword that was on Shuichi's waist started glowing. The Beast King's eyes widened at the sight, "The Ogre Rancorem!? Unbelievable!" He yelled out as the sword with a blue blade fell to the ground, stabbing through it. He started to reach for it but the sword zapped him, "Seems like the legends are true... The sword chooses its wielder." 

   "Avenge my slaughtered clan, Shuichi! The one who wanders across time!" Shuichi started walking over to the sword and grabbed it as the sword, itself transformed. The Beast King started to command Vares to run away with Kaede. 

   Shuichi clocked at the beast who was running away with his sister. "Don't take your eyes off your opponent. This sword of yours won't change the outcome!" Shuichi started running towards him to slash him with the sword. However, before he could do that, a huge amount of flames fell onto him, knocking him out. 

   "Even if the sword has chosen you, it means nothing if you can't control it." The beast started to walk off. "I'll spare you this time, in deference to Ogre Rancorem."