CHAPTER 3

First, Isaac forced to drive me home. Second, he had to own a BMW i8 Roadster. And third, he had to walk me to the door like a true gentleman.

He was not.

He was so pushy, demanding, and controlling.

"It's enough" I looked for keys in my bag when we reached the steps. "I can-"

"What is that?" I looked at Isaac when he asked suddenly. There it was again. That scowl. I looked towards his source of displeasure. 

"Not again" a small frown appeared on my face as well. I picked the new gift and note. "That's...Maybe twentieth in the same week?" I was startled when Isaac took the box and note from me rather roughly. His eyes were glaring murderously at the unknown object as well as the whole area around my home.

"You are being stalked, Zoe and you are acting so cool about it." His tone was harsh.

"It could be a secret admirer." I defended.

"It's the same thing. How long?" Isaac was still scanning the whole place like someone would actually pop out and admit.

"September." His head snapped to me in disbelief. "Can you stop looking at me like that?"

"This has been going on for this long and you made no complaint? Are you an idiot or what?" I cringed inwardly. I didn't like it when he raised his voice at me. He looked so scary and his black eyes looked more intimidating. "Do you even know what stalking could end into-"

"Don't scare me" I interjected before he could complete. "I live alone and I don't need to know any cruor details." His eyes softened a little but I refused to buy his bull. "This is a safe neighborhood plus I have locks and sensors around the place."

"You can never be too careful, Zoe." I just nodded. "Go inside. It's late." 

"Thank you." Isaac nodded and shoved his hands in his pockets. "For dropping me home and that thing with Cole." My eyes traveled down his body unconsciously.

His signature jacket was off for a change. Isaac was wearing dark grey jeans, brown diggers, and a black button-down. With buttons really down. The shirt was too fit on him. Sleeves were rolled to elbows and his strong forearms were on full display. I could actually count the veins bulging under his skin.

So, it really is an attractive factor for guys.

When I looked up, I felt my face burning. Isaac was looking thoroughly amused. His one eyebrow was shot up in question and his mouth lifted in an arrogant half-smirk.

Why am I not dead yet?

"Bye" I turned to run inside but he caught my wrist again. His touch actually burnt. A dent appeared between his brows and his mouth turned down when I pulled my hand away. 

"I have a proposition for you." His one hand was still in his pocket and the other was balled by his side. "Or you can call it a little bit of experimenting." What was he up to? "Be my girlfriend."

"Excuse me?" A dry chuckle escaped my lips. Another and then another until I was laughing like a madwoman. Did this guy just propose to me? "Did I hear you right? You didn't say girlfriend-"

"I did" Isaac interrupted me. My laughter died instantly. "I want you to be my girlfriend."

"After one ugly encounter and within few hours, you think I should be your girlfriend?" My sarcastic tone couldn't elicit any reaction out of him. "You don't do girlfriends. Just a one-time thing and I am not looking for any kind of entertainment or thrill in my life. Especially your thrill." I pointed at him. "Good-bye, Isaac. I hope we don't see each other again."