Chapter One ~Photo of Alison

Alison Mcgumery and Chrystal sat on the living room floor as close to the TV as they possibly  could and still be able to make out what was on, it was a wonder how it didn’t sting their eyes.

“Oh! Come on Albert! Nobody cares; we just want to hear him sing!” Chrystal protested.

“Well it looks like the handsome young Jason is at it again” The talk show host said to his colleague. Alison and Chrystal could hardly wait for the two men to stop talking and put Jason on but it seemed as though they were talking for eternity, that’s how it always felt when waiting for him to come on and take the stage.

“Last year he took first place in the music competitions at his school and was also the second best student of the year.  This year there is no doubt he is going to take first for both of them.”

Alison sat with her legs crossed on the living room carpet, trying to keep herself together. She took deep breaths in and out.

 “Tickets are being sold out, faster than I can breathe, at Cecily’s cafe” Chrystal groaned crossing her arms as she exclaimed “I want to go to one of his concerts!”

They could hardly wait to see someone who didn’t even know they existed. It was every girls dream to go to Conten High. It was a private school one of the best in the country. Exchanged students from around the world were not uncommon there.

It was her father’s dream for her to go one day to get a good education. It was almost a guarantee if you could get into Conten High you would be accepted into any collage you wanted, the school’s reputation stood tall alone with being known to have some of the best students.

Conten Hight was almost like a mini collage, the school offered a wide spread of programs, some were sports, Drama, Music, and art. Her father and mother had worked so hard to make that dream happen for her, but after his death things changed. There was no longer any way she could attend the school.

 “Come on!” Alison yelled. Her patience was wearying now; she couldn’t wait any longer, her eagerness ate at her. They knew how to keep any girl waiting, feeling as though they were about to die of long anticipation.

 The Atmosphere seemed to tense as the man announced with great ambition.

 “As expected of him he has written a new single and is ready to share it with you all! Please welcome Jason Clopten!.” Every girl in America must have skipped a breathe. It seemed as though all the air around had disappeared. Catching her breathe, Alison couldn’t help but smile when the guy she had dreamed of for so long had finally walked onto the stage with his guitar in hand. His dirty blonde hair complemented his light skin.

Walking up to the stool that they had set up for him, he sat down. Self consciously she pulled her long wavy hair over her shoulder and soothed it out, but why was she acting that way? The boy couldn’t even see her.

 “What’s the name of this song?” The man asked with curiosity. Scooting in closer to the TV, she waited for his answer.

“Its name is ‘Don’t know yet’” he said adjusting in his seat.