Chapter One

Bluegaze sighed looking at her newborn kits. "Can we see?" begged Icekit and Acornkit, Birchdawn's kits.

"Not now, they are resting." scolded Birchdawn. She looked over at Bluegaze who had a worried look on her face. "Don't worry, you will make a great mother, but their father should be here, no tom should miss the birth of their kits."

"He would be here if he could." said Bluegaze. "I hope your father is ok in twolegplace. I wish he could see you, my beautiful kits." she whispered to the three soft bundles of fur.

*time skip a few moons*

Nightkit was watching his siblings play fight together. He was the smallest of the three and had sleek fur like his mother and sister. Echokit was almost identical to their mother except for the fact that her eyes were green instead of blue. Foxkit and him had blue eyes. Foxkit's fur was red, white, and long. Echokit's and Bluegaze's fur was a pretty mix of blue-grey and sliver, and his own fur was black and white.

Just as Foxkit was pouncing on Echokit, making her collapse, Icekit came over.

"I heard the border patrol found a cat on the border over by the thunderpath." meowed Icekit.

Nightkit shrugged. "The warriors and apprentices must find cats on the territory every other day." he said. DuskClan had a big territory so rougues, loners, and kittypets were always wandering onto it.

"Well do you want to do something?" asked Icekit, "Some apprentice is showing Acornkit some hunting moves so I have nothing to do."

"We could always go listen to the elders tell stories." said Nightkit.

"Why not." said Icekit.

When the pair reached the elder's den Sharpkit was already there listening to Burningscar tell a story about how he and his apprentice had once fought off a fox.

"And there it was, I could smell its rotten breath, and I was sure I was going to die when Specklepad came out of nowhere and shoved it off me. We fought it off and sent that mouse brained fox running out of the territory like a scared kit." he finished.

"Thanks Burningscar." said Sharpkit getting up and leaving the den.

"Can we hear the one about when one of the senior warriors got captured by twolegs?" asked Icekit.

"Sure." said Burningscar, "From what I've heard Twilightstripe was out on a border patrol when some of those crazy twolegs saw her." began Burningscar.

__________________________________

I know its terrible, short, and probably is full of grammar and spelling mistakes, but my teacher says the more you write the better you get.