Chapter Three

Stampy stood up from staring out the window and stretched his legs. He padded out into his garden through the cat flap and stood on his fence. He could see the forest and the moor. He had heard stories and rumors about wild cats that lived in the forest. He decided it would be better to stay out of their way, but the moor was safe as far as he knew. He jumped off his fence and onto the wide stretch of grass. He felt exposed and didn't like the wind but it was better then being shut up in a stuffy nest with his housefolk. He took a few step before breaking into a run. When he stopped he was somewhere near the middle of the moor. He heard some grass rustle and jumped as a cat stepped out of it.

"What are you doing on my territory?" hissed the cat. She was mostly yellow with a little white and amber eyes.

"I'm sorry, I though the wild cats only lived in the trees." apologized Stampy and taking a step back.

The she-cat snorted. "I'm not a Clan cat, I'm Spirit, I live by myself." she explained. "Who are you?"

"I'm Stampy." Stampy answered.

"Why is a soft kittypet out on the open moors?"

"I was just exploring. I don't like being inside a stuffy nest all day."

"Well if your looking for someplace to stay, look elsewhere. Most of those Clan cats aren't welcoming to outsiders and the moor is mine."

"I though they sometimes took in kittypets."

"If you want to join DuskClan, you better be a pretty tough kittypet."

Stampy looked up at the setting sun. "Bye. I guess I better get back before my house-folk start wondering where I am." he said.

"Bye." said Spirit as Stampy disappeared into the grass.

________________________________

Another short and awful chapter. Well we have two new characters in the story now, Stampy and Spirit.