CHAPTER FOUR

The one thing about Melrose was that she was horrible at interaction with new people, so it was challenging for her to find a job, but she was lucky to find one at the local library

The one thing about Melrose was that she was horrible at interaction with new people, so it was challenging for her to find a job, but she was lucky to find one at the local library. It was not what she intended-since she hated books-mainly because she was constantly reminded by the history books, which she has practically lived through most of.

She did not want immortality, not for her and definitely not for her son, but it has already happened-she did not want to dwell on the past as much as she couldn't.

The owner of the shop was a frail elder couple, who was happy to have a young face working in their shop, and she was happy to begin as soon as possible, but one thing at a time, and it was the time for her to meet up with Stefan, to tell him all about her story.

She had arrived at the school, to get her son, and when she saw him, and his beaming smile, she knew, he had a brilliant first day. He practically almost skipping to the car seeing her, as he ran over hugging her the moment he saw her-behind him was someone around his age.

"Mum, this is my friend Jeremy Gilbert" He introduced his new friend and Melrose recognized he last name-which was the same of her father's best friend Johnathan Gilbert and she knew what that meant instantly striking a fear for her son knowing of their family history.

"Mum-he knows, what I am" He whispered and Melrose gasped pulling her son behind her as the boy Jeremy, noticed and raised his hands

"Please, I mean no harm, really-I won't exploit anything, you have my word, I have a couple of friends who are um" He leaned forward whispering," Supernatural"

Melrose still standing in front of her son, as he sighed," Mum, please" She looked back to her son as he pleaded and her face fell realizing what she had done-she was practically doing what Klaus had done to him.

"Oh" She moved away lowering her head," I apologize for my behaviour" She apologized to the young Gilbert as he waved his hand embarrassed at the young woman who was almost pleading pitifully.

"It's okay, Mrs Fisher really" Jeremy rubbed his neck

Melrose looked up and chuckled," Just Miss" She corrected him

He gasped," Oh, Ms Fisher," He said awkwardly at his mistake

Damarion snorted," Mum, is it okay if I hang out with him?"

"Where are you two boys heading to? Need a lift?" She asked them as they shared looks and Damarion spoke," Mystic Grill"

She clasped her hands," Oh Brilliant! I am heading there myself to meet someone"

Damarion's head perked up," Is it a friend?" He sang almost teasing

Melrose frowned," Yes, but its not what your insinuating at Rio" Jeremy looked at the mother and son, at there conversation, the closeness they had was so obvious and he knew that there were no ill intentions.

They were just really normal, despite being vampires, and giving the benefit for them, would mean a lot to the Fisher's, since they had a fair share of doubt in there lives.

For once, the mother and son duo might have just found the place they been seeking for years.