CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Melrose was alone at home since her son was at school, and it was her day off from work

It has been weeks, since the whole situation at the Salvatore Boarding house, she did, in fact, keep her promise to Stefan, and the two caught up as much as they could. She had gotten close to the Gilberts, mainly because she felt responsible, that even if it was there ancestor, they were kind of like family.

The one person, who she had not spoken to was Damon simply because she didn't know how to.

Was it necessary for them to speak? Did the past need to be brought back up?

Melrose didn't know if she should even bother.

Since, Stefan had told her, for so many years, that the reason Damon continued to be a vampire, was to find Katherine, she was the one he loved for much longer then what they had.

They were not humans anymore, what they had, was pretty much dead. The human lives they had, was no longer possible to rebuild from, at least that's what Melrose believed.

The question now was it finally time, for Melrose to find love once again?

Her phone rang and she smiled seeing it was Elijah and she picked it up," Hello Elijah, what do I owe the pleasure of the sudden call?" She teased mocking his speech as she heard a chuckle through the phone.

"Well, just checking in, I know it's usually later, but I just felt like you needed someone to talk to"

Melrose let out a small laugh," Funny, I was just sitting, moping about my love life, and how I probably needed to finally give in to it"

The other side of the phone, Elijah went silent to the sudden confession from Melrose, who never wanted to speak about her love life, well, not like she could, when her son was held captive from his own younger brother.

"Elijah?" Melrose called out to the silent line and after a bit he replied

"What made you decide on it?"

"Well, I realized that after so many years, it was about time, but then again, I have a lot of self-doubts, I mean I been single since 1964, that is 146 years-wow, that's a long time" Melrose chuckled awkwardly realizing that it was a lot longer than she expected.

"Rosie, I think you will do fine, whoever doesn't love you, is missing out on a beautiful, intellectual, and remarkable woman"

Melrose felt her cheeks burn up," Elijah, stop your making me blush" She got a chuckle in response

"I believe in you Rosie, just be yourself, and you will find someone who will make you there world"

"You always know what to say, I really do miss you Elijah" Melrose admitted as she felt a few tears fall down her face

"Don't cry love, I will try and visit when I can"

"How do you know I'm crying" She pouted as she wiped her tears trying to laugh, but failing miserably," Ugh, I hate you right now, making me sob like a baby"

"I apologize, but if it makes you happy, I miss you terribly as well" She could feel the smile forming on Elijah's face as she let out a sigh

"I'll speak to you soon," She said and Elijah bid her farewell.