blushing moments

{3}

Vanessa's POV

After moments of convincing, and a lot of dragging, everyone finally agreed all of us following our dads all of them telling us a story of their shopping cart sailing moment from their younger years.

Honestly, their story was pretty funny and I could tell the others found it hilarious a bit too even though they tried to hide it.

Lenny began talking about making a tree fort and finding a perfect place before Eric remembered something interrupting, "Rob lived in one of those for a year."

"Why?" We all knew we were wondering the same thing but Greg and I questioned together causing us to share a smile both of us knowing fully well that our faces were bright red.

"My dad took away my roller skates." Turning back we heard Rob mumble under his breath causing the rest of us to stare at him in confusion.

"Uh-oh, Vietnam flashbacks!" My dad yelled out acting out in worry causing Rob to through daggering looks at him while the rest of us laughed at their interaction.

As our laughs settled we saw Lenny grabbing the rope on the tree laughing out in joy, "Wait a minute? Are you kidding me?!"

"Whoa! Rope on a tree, baby! You know what this means!" Seeing what he meant Eric jumped over in joy rushing over to the rope.

"We get to hang ourselves?" Charlie offered sarcastically getting snickers in response.

The adults turned to us in confusion not understanding how we couldn't be as excited Eric questioned, "Are you kidding me? You see a rope on a tree and you don't wanna go nuts?"

To prove to us how exciting it could be Eric decided to jump off it without a second thought.

As Eric swung himself taking the rope with him his friends cheered him on but halfway through it he didn't let go so he came back and unfortunately slammed into a tree.

His luck just worsened more because he started falling down the hill and each time he hit the ground we all yelled out almost feeling his pain too.

Once Eric finally stopped rolling down the hill he crawled up to us but as he was coming up he yelled out about his bone sticking out.

Eric cried out for help until it turned into a laughing fit soon we all joined in the laugh as well seeing him holding out a stick.

"Daddy that bird is hurt!" We all stopped laughing once Becky yelled seeing the bird that landed beside Eric.

"Oh no," Lenny mumbled before rushing back to the house looking for anything to take the bird back.

Greg's POV

Even though I wasn't that excited to go on the walk today I have to say it was well worth it and the best part was I had the chance to be by Vanessa's side the whole time.

'Wow I am really whipped' I smiled at the thought.

Of all the other spots and people she could walk beside she chose me!

Throughout the walk all I could do was steal glances at her the sun just hit her right so every time I saw her it seemed like she was an angel sent from above.

The glow from the sun made her eyes simmer more and her hair looked more lively almost having a golden shine.

And when she laughed, oh when she laughed, it became music to my ears.

As we made our way back to the lake house I was still in my trance not paying much attention until I heard Andre shout, "Greg watch out!"

I looked over at him in confusion but didn't stop walking until I bumped into someone with them falling back and me falling on top of them.

I shook my head gaining back my vision before looking down only to see that I fell on top of Vanessa.

'Oh no'

"Oh my gosh, Vane! I am so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going I am so sorry." My eyes widened in worry feeling the embarrassment rushing all over me.

"It's okay Greg," Vanessa reassured me brushing her hair out of her face allowing me to see the blush rushing to her face and I'm sure mine did too.

It felt like we were there for the entirety until we heard someone clear their throats, so we looked at the way the noises came from and saw that it was her dad and all the kids besides Bean and Becky.

"I got a question are you even gonna get off the top of my daughter?" Her dad asked me with a raised eyebrow but then asked himself, "Wow that is something I didn't think I'd want to need to say right now."

As he spoke to himself I immediately got off Vanessa while blushing stretching out a hand for her which she took while telling Higgins, "Papa, really? No just no."

Higgins raised his arms walking back to the house chuckling while all our friends started gathering around us.

I turned back to Vanessa trying to apologize but I noticed Donna and Charlie dragging her somewhere while Vanessa kept begging, "No, no guys no, please no."

I could feel eyes on me so I turned only to see Andre and Keith both looking at me trying not to laugh.

"Why are you guys staring at me like that?" I questioned them feeling my voice wavering from the looks the two were giving me.

The next thing I know they made me talk about what I'm going to do to ask Vanessa out on a date.

While we were talking about this I kept wondering what the girls were talking about with Vanessa.

Vanessa's POV

When the girls immediately got us away from the guys they both questioned, "Do you like Greg?"

When I didn't answer looking away and having my face fully red they got their answer causing them to scream out of happiness.

I kept looking around hoping that Greg wasn't looking and luckily for me when I saw that Greg was talking to his brother and Andre.

When I look closer I see Greg smiling widely at something I don't know what and quite honestly I don't care his smile was enough to settle my nerves.

When the girls were done drilling at me about Greg and me, I have to say I blushed so hard but we called the boys over so we could hang out but personally, I think it is because they want me and Greg close to each other.

"So what did you girls talk about?" Andre asked us as soon as the three of them reached us.

Seeing the looks he and Keith made along with the girls I quickly answered, "Nada!"

Maybe I said it too fast sounding freaked out but I don't want Greg to find out.

The girls then asked the same thing to the boys but then it was Greg who answered which was, "Nada! I mean n-n-nothing." 

Everyone around Greg and I looked at us suspiciously but we looked away from them quickly. After that embarrassing moment we then just hung out outside and talked about nonsense but we had too much fun to care about it.

During the entire time, Greg and I sat next to each other our hands almost touching which I know I'm reading way too much to it but oh well.

~¤~¤~¤~