Travelling Through

The 14 middle-aged men wandered tirelessly until they came across a small city in the desert. It was no sight to be marvelled at, the buildings were on the point of collapse, the people wore rags, the farmland was dried up and all looked utterly miserable.

Jesus then suggested they all settle for the night in a nearby inn and rest for tomorrow.

As Papa Pukka was about to leave their room to get a time-appropriate robe like he had said he would, Jesus called after him, "Hey, Pye, mind if I join you? I could do with some fresh air..."

Pie smiled nervously as Jesus hurried over to him, "N-Not at all! I love you - I'D love you to come, it, uh, it'd be nice to, um, chat."

Jesus just smiled innocently and the two set off in search of a clothing stall or shop. As they walked the sandy streets, JC decide to strike up a conversation, "So, Pye, what's your family like?"

"Huh? Oh, well, my wife is... well, she's nice, I guess..." Bakery Boy trailed off.

"I see..." Jesus nodded, thoughtfully.

After a moment, Dr Dopest Dinner coughed, "Um, do you have anyone special?"

(I can't apologise enough for the nicknames)

"No... I've never been into relationships... I suppose it's because I'm a deity, but women are just..." Jesus also left his sentence unfinished.

"Yanno, where I come from you could marry a man if you wanted." Pie laughed.

Jesus looked flabbergasted, "Where in my name do you come from?"

Papa Pie started panicking a little, "Uh... Rome." he gulped.

Jesus had a look of confusion on his face, "Ok then..."

There was an awkward pause before Jesus piped up again, "So I guess you aren't into guys." PP looked at him and JC turned his head out of view, "S-Seeing as you married a woman, I mean."

"Well-" Pie sighed, "I..."

"Oh look," the deity interrupted, "A clothes stall."

Big Tasty Boi looked up, "Yeah..."

The two walked over and picked out a nice cream coloured robe. They didn't speak much on the way back to the inn, but Jesus did perform a few miracles.

After the last miracle, Pie smiled and looked over at JC, "How do you do that?"

Jesus thought for a moment, "I don't really know... I just see someone in pain and I help them... I'm just better at it then most people."

Pie blushed and looked down at his feet as they walked along, "I think you're amazing."

Jesus glanced over at Pie and turned a subtle shade of pink, "Hey, your wife'll get jealous if you keep talking like that."

The two found themselves at the inn entrance. Pie turned to Jesus to meet his stare, "I, uh, I can leave tomorrow if you want."

"You don't have to." Jesus blurted, suddenly, "...I mean, I've quite enjoyed having you around but..."

"Oh, I just don't wanna bother you," Pie explained.

"No, if you want to go home to your wife then that's perfectly reasonable. You don't have to make excuses, I completely understand."

"I want to stay." Pukka exclaimed, "I don't want to go home ...not... anymore."

The two stared at each other for a moment before Judas opened the door, "Oh, sorry, didn't see you guys there..." he chuckled, "So, what are we talking about?"

JC and Pie cringed a little, "Nothing." they said in unison and both squeezed past him to walk in different directions.

"Hmm..." Judas... 'hmm'-ed.

Wow... I'm so sorry.