Ⅴ. BOOK

"AND YOU SAY YOU HAVE NOTHING IMPORTANT TO DO TODAY?" you asked, walking through the busy corridors beside Erwin.

"I didn't exactly say that," he replied, "yes, I have other matters, but you are more important than them."

Blinking, you just nodded in acknowledge. The comment made you slightly surprised, but the feeling about how he worried about you made you warm. Him saying something like that was rare, even if you knew he cared for his comrades. But this time, it sounded different.

"Did you say anything to Levi?"

"I just told him and Mike we were going to have some matters in Wall Sina," he hold a smirk, "Levi actually looked taken aback for not bringing him, Mike just nodded."

"Obviously. You two are always together, he knows something is up."

"Indeed. He's irritated about how you ignore him," he gave you a look, "you didn't see him all morning, right?"

The question made you scoff, "Of course not. Why would I want to see him if everything I do make the flowers arise? I just make my health worse by just looking at him."

The reply only made Erwin humm, deep in thought.

Why would you see him? What good would be in that? He only hurted you— and he didn't even know. Every time he approached you, you just replied with short sentences and flew as fast as you could without looking at him. Even Hange and Moblit helped you out by calling your name or saying you were needed somewhere else, taking a nasty look from Levi every time. It was just little time about the ravenette's patience ran out.

A sudden memory from this morning came up to you.

════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ════

You were currently walking in the corridor, with a mountain of paperwork between your hands. They needed to be finished soon— so you hurriedly walked to your office.

That would have been wonderful. But, lately, things going 'wonderfully' wasn't allowed in your life at any means, "Oi. Where the fuck have you been?"

Wonderful.

"Levi! Nice to see you. Right now I don't have time, bye!" You tried to hurry the hell up and be as far as possible from him, but he is Levi. He doesn't let anyone escape from him.

"Hell with that. You have been avoiding me, why?" he demanded, harshly taking your arm and making you stop on your tracks. You almost fell if it wasn't for his strong grip — you believed there was going to have a bruise in a couple of minutes.

"Pff, avoiding you? Don't be ridiculous. I've been busy, now, if you excuse me..." Trying to get off from his grasp was impossible. He wasn't letting you walk off like other times, he was pissed.

His frown was more apparent than before, he was glaring straight at you. You could tell he was done playing games.

"Don't take me for an idiot, [Name]. It's been nearly one week and I've only seen you once. What's happening? Don't you dare fucking lie."

You frowned. You tried to play it off at first— but him wanting answers was getting on your nerves. Maybe you were acting selfish for not telling him anything — but you honestly didn't care for that. "I told you I've been busy. Don't you have nowhere to be?" You answered, gritting your teeth. He should be with his Petra right now, shouldn't he? Why was he looking for you?